Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question about zippers compatibility with different brands. Do you guys know know if an alpinestars jacket will zip to dainese pants and vice versa? Also if anyone has experience with Frank Thomas, I have a jacket that i'd like to zip to alpinestars pants, any luck you think?

·
Registered
601 Posts
hey chris, while SOME alpinestars stuff MIGHT fit to SOME dainese stuff, definately all of them will not. However, most pants and jackets that come with zippers come with both sides, so you can sew the other side of the zipper from the jacket onto the pants for example and have a matching set.

·
Registered
492 Posts
hey chris, while SOME alpinestars stuff MIGHT fit to SOME dainese stuff, definately all of them will not. However, most pants and jackets that come with zippers come with both sides, so you can sew the other side of the zipper from the jacket onto the pants for example and have a matching set.
Exactly what I was going to say. I've not had any luck matching brands. If the zippers fit, they're probably not the right length, is what I've found. But a tailor will put the other half of a zipper on whatever you want to match it to for $10-20 by me; I ask them to do a triple stitch for strength.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the responses, now I just came back from cycle gear, and the guy said the alpinestars track pants will fit the frank thomas jacket i have because they are both 360degrees..I'll let you know for sure when they get the pants in 2 days

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.