Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, bought an '07 Daytona a few weeks ago and couldn't be happier. I'm 48 and a returning rider (did a 16 month stint on a Suzuki GS500F to get back into the swing of things again) and once again enjoying the freedom a bike can offer.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Rob... just did a run Berowra > Broke > Windsor with a group last weekend. There were three (possibly four) accidents with one from our group figuring in those statistics after Broke. The others were near the start of the Old Pac (on a straight piece of road ??) and the aptly named Lemmings Corner (pinned under the guard rail by his trashed bike).

Loving my Daytona (especially after the GS500F) although I have to soften the rear shock down a tad and be assured, I'll be trying to keep her "shiny side up" at all times.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Welcome mate, I'm on the Central Coast as of Wednesday too :)

·
Registered
480 Posts
Welcome aboard.

I wonder if there is any statistics on how many accidents occur in groups versus riders on their own?

I ride 99% of the time on my own (because im a nigel) and i find that far more comfortable than riding in a pack...

·
Registered
233 Posts
I was on the Old Road on Saturday and Sunday, stinking hot on Sunday and to top it off I got done for overtaking other riders, 3 points and $258.00.
Bit of a sh*t really, everyone overtakes slower or learner riders, I didn't even cross the double lines, so the cop offered me neg driving or overtaking on double lines. The overtaking on double lines fine is $100 cheaper and the same points so I took it.
There are always people throwing it down the road especially on the weekends, I tend to go real early in the morning to avoid the 'rif raf' :laugh:.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I was on the Old Road on Saturday and Sunday, stinking hot on Sunday and to top it off I got done for overtaking other riders, 3 points and $258.00.
Bit of a sh*t really, everyone overtakes slower or learner riders, I didn't even cross the double lines, so the cop offered me neg driving or overtaking on double lines. The overtaking on double lines fine is $100 cheaper and the same points so I took it.
There are always people throwing it down the road especially on the weekends, I tend to go real early in the morning to avoid the 'rif raf' :laugh:.
That sucks
Do they sit in wait, or did they just happen to be passing you the other way?

·
Registered
233 Posts
That sucks
Do they sit in wait, or did they just happen to be passing you the other way?
They do both but this one was waiting out of view, it's one of those things were you know they can be there, you ride a road enough you get to know the places they are usually hiding, but I took a chance and it didn't pay off and I got done. Rules are rules and sometimes you get nabbed even if I think it is a little impractical in my case.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Loving my Daytona (especially after the GS500F) although I have to soften the rear shock down a tad and be assured, I'll be trying to keep her "shiny side up" at all times.
Keep an eye on your tire pressures too, I found the back to be real skittish when I ran the recommended 41psi, dropped mine to 36 then back to 38 and found it a lot more stable.

Cheers
Rob.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Keep an eye on your tire pressures too, I found the back to be real skittish when I ran the recommended 41psi, dropped mine to 36 then back to 38 and found it a lot more stable.

Cheers
Rob.
Ive been running my Diablo Corsa III's at 34F, 36R. What tyres are you running and should I try upping my pressures?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Ive been running my Diablo Corsa III's at 34F, 36R. What tyres are you running and should I try upping my pressures?
Looks like you are running about the right pressures for a Daytona, I'm on a STR so it's a different spec (according to Triumph, not me) but I wouldn't put them up in pressure anymore than what you already have especially if you go decent cornering angles.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.