Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Yellowknife where today it was -25 C. I got the good news today that my financing went through for a new 2011 black and gold 675.
I really can't ride until the end of April, early May. The bike is in Edmonton, Alberta which is about 1000kms(600 miles) from Yellowknife. Road trip!!
This forum was very helpfull when doing research.
It's going to be a great summer.

·
Registered
157 Posts
By "summer" you mean like 20deg C, right? :laugh:

Yellowknife would be neat to visit someday, don't know about living there. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup 20 C is very nice in Yellowknife but it might get to 79-80 F by July to the middle August. No traffic or smog here, clean crisp air, nice people, plenty of outdoor activities and lots of jobs.
It grows on you but it's not for everyone. I am from Sarnia, Ontairo, not far from Dearborn. While Ontario was in a recession the NWT was doing well so that is why I stayed here. Now I am hooked on the place.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Congrats bud, yeah your drive home is going to be an awesome break in story. I assume you got it from Echo eh? They are ok, service is better than Blackfoot anyway.

Welcome to the fun.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Welcome!
Currently -10c in Montreal!

A girl from Yellowknife worked for us a few summers ago... I think she moved back.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Welcome Dude. I grew up in Sarnia myself. I worked in Detroit for years and now I am a contractor in the middle east. I will be back in Sarnia in March. I may wind up in Fort Mac before long. Enjoy the bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts