Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up an xbox 360 with kinect controller. Pretty neat technology and I would imagine that the games will get better over time as the developers begin to take more advantage of it.

My girls are having a blast playing Kinect Adventures and Kinect Sports, but I'm more of a racing game fan...

So, what are the best racing games for the following:

Motorcycles

Open Wheel Racing

Sports Car Racing

Figured some of you might have this already sorted and might be able to tell me what's hot...

Jeff

·
Race Team Sponsor
1,183 Posts
I ended up returning my kinect, but have the workout game if you are interested. Your Shape: Fitness Evolved.

·
Premium Member
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ben,

Shoot me a PM and let me know how much... I might be interested...

Jeff

·
Registered
759 Posts
I was interested on everyone's thought's on the Kinect as well.

From what I can tell it's not all that great.

·
Premium Member
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's pretty fun. What I like about it is that my girls can play and I don't have to worry about them throwing a damned hand held controller through the TV screen.

It's pretty fun for party type games, nothing that I would call a serious gamers game out for connect just yet, but I think they will come.

The cool thing is that you still have controllers, so you can play the RPG and Driving games using the controllers. The game selection on xbox is pretty wide.

I looked at wii, PS3 and xbox. Did a lot of reading and ended up settling on it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I picked up a kinect for my wife. She loves playing the dancing game, and the arcade games. It would make for pretty fun party games too.

I think its a hell of a lot better than the Wii. It does a good job recognizing motions, and games will only get better with time.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Yeah the Kinect is great for parties, it is a ton of fun....i don't think i would play it much otherwise

I would probably have one, but my living room really isn't set up for it

Tapcon, the only racing game i know of for it is Kinect Joy Ride....which seems child like at best

·
Premium Member
9,297 Posts
Forza 3 as far as simulation goes. F1 2010 for open wheel racing and SBK X for bikes.
Being a big gamer, I say WiK1D has this one spot on Jeff. :nod:

·
Premium Member
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, I ordered SBK x and MotoGP. I'll wait on the car racing games for a while...

·
Registered
469 Posts
If you have Kinect please dont go with Joyride. Its junk. SBK and Forza 3 FTW. Havent played F1 2010 so I cant comment on it.

·
Banned
941 Posts
Tapcon, the only racing game i know of for it is Kinect Joy Ride....which seems child like at best
+1

I read some reviews and Joy Ride is not a good purchase. It was initially introduced as a FREE DEMO game that would come with the kinect. I hear its fun for a few minutes, but thats about it. You can't even accelerate or brake...its all done automatically.

As a side note, stay away from FIGHTERS UNLEASHED. horrible game that got horrible reviews.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Ya...Teturned it. I currently got Dance Central..awesome BTW..Kinect Sports and Fitness Evolved. I wanna try EA Sports Active 2. The Fitness Evolve is too slow. UFC is comin out with a Kinect game in March. Gonna wait for that one.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,297 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts