Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking for a really cheap tail, rashed is okay, cracked is fine. I just need the circled area to be mostly okay. Looking to use it for a project...

Let me know what you have. Any color is fine.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have a CF tail with a broken tab under the seat part if that is of interest to you. I haven't had any problems while riding with it, and it is in good condition (no scratches/rash) otherwise.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have a rashed one sitting in the garage, but theres a huge crack in the circled area :laugh:
Figures! I bet that will be the case with many ruined tail sections out there...

yeah i do now! wasn't showing before...

I have one but am waiting on getting a cf solo one. i'll have to get back to you if no one else does
Haha, I really did forget to put the picture in initially, just figured I'd mess with you.

Keep me in mind...

I have a CF tail with a broken tab under the seat part if that is of interest to you. I haven't had any problems while riding with it, and it is in good condition (no scratches/rash) otherwise.
How much would you want for this tail? PM me with that, and any pictures you might have of it!

Thanks for the responses guys. BUMP!

·
Registered
712 Posts
i was looking on ebay the other day. theres one with a crack behind the circle area thats going for like 40 buck. take a look there.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Looking for a really cheap tail, rashed is okay, cracked is fine. I just need the circled area to be mostly okay. Looking to use it for a project...

Let me know what you have. Any color is fine.

what are you looking to use it for I have a spare graphite gray one with leds in that spot used for blinkers with a paint chip the size of a nickel on it

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
what are you looking to use it for I have a spare graphite gray one with leds in that spot used for blinkers with a paint chip the size of a nickel on it
Yeah the what I am gonna try and do. Do you have pictures of how you did yours?

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
thats pretty nice ^^^ how bright is it in the dark? turn the lights off in the house and take a pic, no flash :thumbup:

·
Registered
133 Posts
they are pretty bright I have to get two more because the wires came out of two of them so I might just switch to all white leds so they are even brighter

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
here they are
That is similar to what I'm looking to do... However, I'm looking to cut that body line/fake vent that you mounted your leds under, and instead mount it in the tail and facing rearward so you can't see the bulbs. When the signal lights up though, you'll see the lights when behind the bike because they'll be facing behind, and probably see it from the side too, because some of the light will hit the tail itself.

I'm mostly worried about cutting the tail nicely (hence this feeler thread for a junk tail to test), and mounting the LEDs. I have a couple of ideas for that too... Like bondo... or some sort of molding plastic for structure behind the tail.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thats gna be rough to do
:laugh: I'll keep you updated. I've done a little body work in the past, Its just plastic and paint. I'm hoping to not have to re-paint, but.. we'll see.... It won't be a piece of cake, thats for sure.

·
Registered
133 Posts
yea painting these fairings are a pain to strip and sand because they clearcoat over the stickers I was going to paint my entire bike until I found out it would cost more to prep it than to actually paint it

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yea painting these fairings are a pain to strip and sand because they clearcoat over the stickers I was going to paint my entire bike until I found out it would cost more to prep it than to actually paint it
What's so expensive about that? Just keep sanding...

If I do ruin a good tail's paint job by doing this, I might look into repainting to a metallic red, because I like the 09+ decals better.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts