Triumph675.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I waited too long to buy A1241041. If anyone has a manual idle adjust they'd sell, shoot me a pm.

·
Registered
106 Posts
manual idle

You can make up your own, just pick up a long screw (with same thread pitch and diameter), flat washer and a spring for tension. Made several up when the kit ones went obsolete

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can make up your own, just pick up a long screw (with same thread pitch and diameter), flat washer and a spring for tension. Made several up when the kit ones went obsolete
For anyone else in a similar boat this advice by Fastway worked very well. Just needed to get a m5x.8 bolt that was long enough that I could adjust it through the frame on the right side with a elbow jointed attachment for my 8mm socket. Cost me all of about 2 dollars to get the bolt, a couple nuts to serve as a sort of washer and a spring.

·
Registered
608 Posts
For anyone else in a similar boat this advice by Fastway worked very well. Just needed to get a m5x.8 bolt that was long enough that I could adjust it through the frame on the right side with a elbow jointed attachment for my 8mm socket. Cost me all of about 2 dollars to get the bolt, a couple nuts to serve as a sort of washer and a spring.
You got pics? I'm considering buying the manual adjuster, but if it's really that easy I may just do this....where'd you get the spring too?

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Laziness and I started this thread as a WTB. I'm happy to post my notes in a "how to" if there's an interest.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Laziness and I started this thread as a WTB. I'm happy to post my notes in a "how to" if there's an interest.
This is relevant to my interests as well. Tried looking for the official one and have come up empty. Thankfully Google came up with your WTB post, which I didn't expect to actually have a cheap DIY solution! :grin2:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts