Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,853 Posts

·
Registered
7,853 Posts
I would never pay taxes until I wanted to register it for street use (you pay taxes in the state you live in). I only ride track so I wont pay them.
Right but if the MSO is in the dealer's name, you have to pay taxes I think to get it made in your name, or pay taxes to have a real title made up for you. Either way I'm pretty sure you'd have to pay sales tax even if you don't register it.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MGFChapin,

I and several others who only ride track never register it in our names yo save the money. I have done this several times and I know several of the racers on here do the same thing.

But yes you are correct if you want everything in your name then sure pay the taxes and waste the money. If not file the MSO away in your file cabinet and use the money for Starbucks or race parts. I think you get the idea.

·
Registered
7,853 Posts
MGFChapin,

I and several others who only ride track never register it in our names yo save the money. I have done this several times and I know several of the racers on here do the same thing.

But yes you are correct if you want everything in your name then sure pay the taxes and waste the money. If not file the MSO away in your file cabinet and use the money for Starbucks or race parts. I think you get the idea.
Sure, I did the same w/ my race bike, but I think it'd be hard to do it that way with a dealership and a new bike. Anyway, good luck!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.