Votes: 27 24.3%
  • No

Votes: 3 2.7%
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In an accident that was 100% the cager's fault? She was under-insured and all i had was liability.

What would you do?

If i don't there is a way the bills will be paid(health ins), but it leaves 0 on the table for me. I have already been reimbursed for my bike as well.

·
Registered
869 Posts
In an accident that was 100% the cager's fault? She was under-insured and all i had was liability.

What would you do?

If i don't there is a way the bills will be paid(health ins), but it leaves 0 on the table for me. I have already been reimbursed for my bike as well.
Depends on what happened to you, what the situation was, what type of medical bills (where you wearing protective gear - I mean head to toe, ATGATT style). How was it 100% her fault? Did she hit you from behind?

I voted yes to lost wages and bills, but that is contingent on the answers to questions above. I.e. if you got road rash because you were wearing jeans, then I have less sympathy. If you broke some bones, then I have more sympathy. :hmm:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Depends on what happened to you, what the situation was, what type of medical bills (where you wearing protective gear - I mean head to toe, ATGATT style). How was it 100% her fault? Did she hit you from behind?

I voted yes to lost wages and bills, but that is contingent on the answers to questions above. I.e. if you got road rash because you were wearing jeans, then I have less sympathy. If you broke some bones, then I have more sympathy. :hmm:
When i landed on the pavement, thats were i stopped. ~$40k in bills so far.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I would sue, but I wouldn't go crazy with the dollar amount. I would just try and get what the damages are/were.

·
Registered
16 Posts
it took me like a full two min to realize what cager meant. i think every one in america is sue happy... its the new american dream to fall down in walmart and not have to work a day for the rest of ur life which is complete bullshit...but if a car hit me and im taking ur money end of story

·
Registered
752 Posts
I'm not at all into lawsuits but... Given the situation, you should ATLEAST be reimbursed for all of your medical bills and lost wages. The driver almost killed you and they need to know that.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Dude... How long ago did it happen? How well is the recovery? Are you expected to make a 100% recovery with that kind of injury, will you have full mobility and such?

·
Registered
304 Posts
I really hate how you can sue for everything and nothing in this country. My friend Tboned some lady going 15mph (verified by the minimal damage to the cars), 2 years later she sued him because her back hurt...guess what, she won and got 15k out of my friend...that's just fucked up!!

Now i'm not saying I wouldn't sue, it all depends on the situation, but i believe I would only for the amount I actually need and lost, not some bullshit ridiculous amount to get richer, because I don't believe in making someone's life miserable by screwing them over....

·
Banned
365 Posts
id stand up, wipe the dirt off my jacket and proceed to beat the sh*t out of her:coolgleamA:
The thing that annoys me most about crap drivers (women in this case), is that every time they pull out in front of me,etc, they are always so godamn oblivious that unless they flip me off I cant get angry enough to care.

Especially with Older women, You almost feel obliged to tip your hat when they look at you questioningly, not even knowing they really nearly wrecked you.

Thats the thing about crashing, it doesnt really matter wtf happened and how, the fact is your on your way to hospital and your bike to the wreckers.

And to answer the question, if the money HAS to come out of someones pocket , it's gonna be hers.
I'm not gonna go out my way to fuck her shit up, but im not gonna go out my way to be nice.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
I'm against the litigation society, but this totally deserves every penny you can get out of her, and if she's deprived of her intrument of doom in the process, it can't be a bad thing.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Dude... How long ago did it happen? How well is the recovery? Are you expected to make a 100% recovery with that kind of injury, will you have full mobility and such?
It happened on recently. I was riding home from work ~200 yards away from my left turn into the neighborhood.

Recovery has been a long road, but the first week was absolutely miserable. Getting out of bed to pee was a journey. Sitting down to take a poop was even worse(feel bad for women that break femurs). I ran a fever from tuesday to saturday.

After the first week i had an appt with the orthopedist and she changed my whole outlook on pain threshold.

Surprisingly i've been reading on a skiing forum(tetongravity) that after about a year its life as usual.

Especially with Older women, You almost feel obliged to tip your hat when they look at you questioningly, not even knowing they really nearly wrecked you.
The lady that hit me was 85 years old.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
^ may as well lawyer up and sue, but not her pants off :ack2:

one day you'll look back and glad you did

And all & all glad your doing ok :thumbup:

·
Registered
492 Posts
If you're injured and out of pocket, you should sue, her and her insurance company.

/rant/
Litigation exists to enable the injured, in whatever way, to be able to reimbursed for the harm caused by someone else; to place them in the position they would have been had they not been injured, including reimbursement for pain and suffering. Unfortunately, it's turned into a view of the lottery, get rich by getting hurt. Like it or not, litigation also exists, on a theoretical societal level if not a real level, to prevent people from hurting each other. ("Hurt" can be physical or monetary, it must be extreme to be emotional.)
/rant off/

You also said the lady was underinsured. If that's the case, chances are slim you'll see any real recovery, and if you do, the lawyer will take a third of it, plus expenses.

·
Registered
924 Posts
The lady that hit me was 65-80 years old.

Further more, i have no idea how my leg even broke. Some of you big boned fellas probably could have been in this same wreck and walked home.
the (almost exact, left leg not right) same thing happened to me
i got my compensation from the dosy old man who hit me, go for it so long as you dont go ott :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts