Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I work in the business world which requires many visits out to client sites. The dress code is pretty much button up dress shirt and dress pants. I would like to start riding to work once spring hits. Does anyone do this, and if so what type of gear do you wear?

·
Registered
631 Posts
Tail pack, get changed at work.
Or line your suite with Kevlar and armour.
The stupid thing is your safer on the track at 200 than in town at 30.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
overpants purchased...thanks for the help

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
Our production shop has a nice locker room, I claimed a locker and keep a couple pairs of jeans and shoes at work. I've used it as an example to others that ride bikes there (mostly H-D guys) that they could still wear gear to work. So far, no converts, even though they all know how well I fared in an accident. :noclue:

·
Banned
365 Posts
for situations where i need to be a civilian, i wear Kevlar long johns (Draggin). A little bit gay, but you can wear your work pants and not fee completely squid, and you legs wont blister from the engine heat.
Jacket should never be comprimised

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
There's lots of guys who ride to work and have to wear a business suit underneath their leathers. Although, I personally wouldn't wear leathers just because of the sweat factor. I'd get some well ventilated and oversized nylon or mesh gear. I'm glad we have a locker room at work where I keep my uni's and gear otherwise there's no way I could ride to work.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Textile jacket with armour. With the winter liner removed it fits easily over a suit jacket. I don't usually wear leg protection, but my unlined rain pants fit easily over suit trousers to keep them clean. Jacket, trousers, gloves and helmet just come off and get stuffed into the top box - that's what I use it for. Boots are more of a problem. I change into shoes, and if it's a customer site I leave them with reception. My own office, I stuff them under the desk, and usually keep the bike jacket to hang on my chair back instead of stuffing it in the top box.

Rob

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
To add to this, my wife keeps several pairs of jeans/shoes at work in a spare file cabinet, and changes in/out of her gear there. So ladies...... no excuses. :grin:

·
Registered
390 Posts
leave extra shoes and shirts @ work.

pants folded against laptop in backpack.

Don't forget the hair gel to cure unexpected helmet hair (if you have some left...)

Q

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
There are protective boots which look quite sober, even elegant, I'm thinking Vitesse boots and the like, they might be more than acceptable with a suit.

·
Registered
541 Posts
We have onsite dry cleaning at my Corporate headquarters location so I just leave all my clothes here and change into them... oh and we get locks at our desk drawers and stuff too :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts