Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently invested in a 675 with a Dynojet quickshifter and the Woodcraft rearsets in standard shift pattern. I bought a GP conversion kit from Woodcraft and have been working on it this afternoon. However, because the GP pivot point is a couple of inches forward, the quickshifter is being forced into the frame because its too large for the hole where the shift rod goes. (see pictures below - not the greatest quality but you get the idea I think).

Any recommendations on how its done? This must be a fairly common configuration. Is it possible to run the shift rod around the frame rather than through it. Or do I need to invest in a new quickshifter? Obviously I am going to need a shorter shift rod.

Help much appreciated!

·
Registered
553 Posts
i'd like to know this too. there's a couple people that i know of on the board that claim to run a quickshifter with a woodcraft gp setup, but no one has posted actual pictures to show how they did it. bump up.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Except with Attack rearsets, hmm ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I tried putting the dynojet quickshifter forward of the frame but its just slightly too big. So it looks like I'll have to work the shift rod around the frame.

The Woodcrafts would work perfectly in GP shift if it wasn't for the quickshifter. In regular shift with the quickshifter it was just right too. Just seems you can't have both together.

Maybe I'll take a look at the attack rearsets first.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I'm in the same boat as well. Trying to fit a quickshift to my Gilles rearsets (GP shift). Been doing a lot of research and have not come up with a good answer yet. I have seen a couple of switches mounted in front of the frame but not sure what make or model switch they used? I am looking at the Bazzaz or Cordona system but both of those seem to have a fairley large switch and I'm not sure it will fit at the front of the shift rod?

Anyone have any additional info yet?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I've taken it to a guy "who knows". He's got it working on his bike with the quickshifter forward of the frame and a custom shift rod setup. But there's almost no clearance and the quickshifter goes into the frame a bit. I'll send some pictures when its done.

I was missing some spacers - he found that the rearset is clearing the swingarm by about 1mm! So getting that sorted too.

Might have been cheaper to fit the attack rearsets myself when I'm done though. Ridersdiscount had a good price on them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts