Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Add strength and good looks to your Triumph Daytona 675's engine cases with these case covers from Woodcraft Technologies. The Triumph's OEM case covers are made of thin cast metal that's weaker than these CNC-machined beauties making them unreliable in a crash situation. The damage can be more than cosmetic, with leaking fluids, damaged stator parts and a time-intensive repair that won't be cheap or easy.
Woodcraft case covers for the Triumph Daytona 675 (and Street Triple) are sculpted from 6061 billet aluminum, the one-piece design is as artful as it is purposeful and will provide additional strength to areas that traditionally don't always hold up so great in a crash. Woodcraft Triumph 675 case covers are engineered for a perfect fit and will not induce any bodywork clearance issues at all. And because they're made in the USA by Woodcraft, each cover comes with a replaceable skid pad that's designed to take the brunt of the crash, leaving you with a case cover that's much less likely to require a total replacement. And, spare crash pads are available in your choice of stainless steel (thinner, for race applications) and black, blue, red or clear finishes. Each case cover kit also includes a new gasket, so you don't have to worry about sourcing any additional parts to get them installed.

Woodcraft products are not yet available on our website. For more information, call TJ at 866.931.6644 ext 817 or send him an email - FORUM at RIDERSDISCOUNT dot COM with WOODCRAFT 675 ENGINE COVERS in the subject line and we'll get back to you right away.

Woodcraft Case Cover kits are sold individually for each side of the engine. Stator cover MSRP $259.99 and ignition cover MSRP $124.99.

The finish machining of each case cover is brilliant and these will not go unnoticed at the track or on bike night.

A look inside the stator cover reveals that all mounting points for the OEM hardware have been drilled and tapped. All passages for routing the wiring safely have also been retained. The arrangement replicates exactly the OEM hardware and wiring setup for reliability and ease of installation.

In addition to being more crash worthy, Woodcraft's ignition timing cover is a much more attractive piece than the original part.

Here, you can see the thickness of the crash pad that's included with every Woodcraft case cover kit. These are positioned in areas most likely to contact the ground in a crash, leaving you with only the crash pad to replace after they're put to use.

Woodcraft crash pads are attached to the case cover with three bolts from the inside which helps to ensure that 1). The piece does not fall off in a crash and 2). That the pad can be easily replaced after a crash since the attachment hardware will not be ground away.

Check out that finish machining!

Beauty is in the details. Woodcraft case covers retain OEM functionality with added crash protection. This tab replicates that which is found on the OEM case cover where you can drill it, if needed, for attaching an anchor point for the oil filler cap's safety wire. Crash protection aside, little things like these indicate how serious Woodcraft is about building a quality product.

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
...sigh, I'll bite. PM with a price please?

Should've ordered those few things I've been waiting to nab from you sooner so I wouldn't be tempted, haha.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have a set of the Woodcraft covers on my Daytona and have a GB racing cover on the clutch side. Fit, finish and manufacturing bling level is outta sight. These are the are pieces of machining.

The clutch protrudes away much farther than the pulse cover on the bikes right side, so if you wanna save $$$, maybe skip the Woodcraft pulse cover and just go w/ the GB on the clutch.

·
Registered
999 Posts
I have a set of the Woodcraft covers on my Daytona and have a GB racing cover on the clutch side. Fit, finish and manufacturing bling level is outta sight. These are the are pieces of machining.

The clutch protrudes away much farther than the pulse cover on the bikes right side, so if you wanna save $$$, maybe skip the Woodcraft pulse cover and just go w/ the GB on the clutch.
what are the GB's Made out of?

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
GB racing covers are basically "sliders" that go over your existing engine cases....but to be specific: Revolutionary new tough, high-impact composite material made from 60% Long Glass Fibered Nylon

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
the best part about the GB's is the shroud that covers the clutch lever at the bottom of the housing. I'm planning to upgrade the other 2 covers to the woody's before the season kicks off

·
Registered
7,853 Posts
also anyone have any experience with these?
Yeah I had these and a GB clutch cover on when I lowsided at Buttonwillow. The stainless sliders were pretty scuffed up but didn't wear through. Didn't even really touch the aluminum body. The GB cover didn't wear all the way through either. Pretty impressive considering it was a 110-120 mph lowside with a flip thrown in.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Paul... i'm trying to get best bang for buck here... best protection for least amount of$$$ and i don't like that woodcraft has no clutch cover wtf?!?!?!:notamused: they are beautiful pieces and beefy looking

your wisdom is appreciated, which is best for me... prefer all same parts not gb here WC there and rizome that piece and such:biggrinjester:

·
Registered
7,853 Posts
Paul... i'm trying to get best bang for buck here... best protection for least amount of$$$ and i don't like that woodcraft has no clutch cover wtf?!?!?!:notamused: they are beautiful pieces and beefy looking
(sorry to threadjack TJ, but I think I'm helping you :nod:)
GB aren't plastic, like Wuzer said they're long thread nylon. They probably protect as well as WC, but they're usually one-time use only. WC are reusable, which is why I got them. I crashed a lot and I figured it'd be cheaper to replace skidplates than the whole GB set every time I crash. You also gotta consider ease of installation if you're DIY. GBs go right over your existing covers. WC crank cover is a cinch, but if you botch installing the alternator cover it could slice the wires and you're in for a big bill. Just a thought.

·
Premium Member
13,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
(sorry to threadjack TJ, but I think I'm helping you :nod:)
GB aren't plastic, like Wuzer said they're long thread nylon. They probably protect as well as WC, but they're usually one-time use only. WC are reusable, which is why I got them. I crashed a lot and I figured it'd be cheaper to replace skidplates than the whole GB set every time I crash. You also gotta consider ease of installation if you're DIY. GBs go right over your existing covers. WC crank cover is a cinch, but if you botch installing the alternator cover it could slice the wires and you're in for a big bill. Just a thought.
You hit the nail on the head.

If you race I would recommend looking at the Woodcraft covers because they will survive multiple crashes without any issue at all. The GB covers are good for at least one crash but might survive a few if they aren't too wild a get off.

The GB clutch cover is also very much recommended because it will protect the clutch arm which gets damaged quite easily on the 675.

·
Premium Member
13,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks TJ! Noted! i can't recall... are you guys using these on your race bike?
We will be putting the Woodcraft pulse cover on the bike and the GB clutch cover.

Our project bike has the kit stator which requires the use of the Triumph kit stator cover. We do have a GB cover for the kit stator that will be on there as well.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts