Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well about a month ago I was driving down the road when car pulled out infront of a truck which I was following behind.
The truck lite up its brakes and I hit mine equally as hard to avoid becoming a permanent bumper sticker for his truck. When I did that I also laid the bike over to prevent me from hitting the truck.

Well I got up went over to my bike and checked it out and it was only some ruined fairings so I let the bike sit for a minute and then I tried to start it and it fired just fine.
I rode it a couple more times and noticed that the guage cluster would dim and get brighter as I was riding.
The next day I went to start the bike and it does the startup routine, then when I hit start it just goes ckkkkk like the starter didnt turn, and then the bike does the startup routine again.
Not really sure to start looking, but I was considering the rectifier does that sound like it?

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
start with the electrical diag thread

then check your tip over sensor, sometimes they get bent or turn in accidents so....

let us know after these two

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks for all of the suggestions. I am going to start checking it over tomorrow and I really hope its something simple.

Sorry but am I over looking the electrical thread? I did a quick search and I didnt come up with it and I was not able to find where the tip over sensor was located doing a search. Sorry guys I have never had an accident or tip over thankfully so I have never had to deal with this

Here is a video I took showing what is going on
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8fhSIWHUKk&feature=youtube_gdata"]YouTube - My Movie[/nomedia]

if you can tell me how to embed the video I will

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
When I did that I also laid the bike over to prevent me from hitting the truck.
Sorry guys I have never had an accident or tip over thankfully so I have never had to deal with this
If you laid the bike over as you originally stated, then sorry to break it to you, but you've had an accident.

The tip switch is mounted in front of the speedo and behind the nose. You need to remove the nose to get to it

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry for the confusion I meant prior to this I have never had an accident so I have never had to deal with any of this it is all foreign to me.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Checked the battery and it was at 11.52, but I think that would still be enough to cause the bike to at least cause it to turn over once.

I have not had a chance to take the nose off and check the sensor, but if anyone watches the video I posted 2 post up does that seem like what hte bike is doing would be caused by the sensor or something else?

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Checked the battery and it was at 11.52, but I think that would still be enough to cause the bike to at least cause it to turn over once.

I have not had a chance to take the nose off and check the sensor, but if anyone watches the video I posted 2 post up does that seem like what hte bike is doing would be caused by the sensor or something else?
Definitely sounds like the battery. Give it a good charge and try again. But you also need to check if your R/R is faulty as well. Very common problem. There's a sticky somewhere with a guide on diagnosing the problem, but it's usually the R/R. They seem to fail with monotonous regularity.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts