Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can find info on replacing my stock windscreen? I got my Zero Gravity double bubble today and am looking for instructions on how to remove the original without breaking anything.

·
Chiperator
5,539 Posts
I dont know if there is a sticky on it. But in a nutshell, the screen is held in by the rubber well nuts. They can be a PITA but they do the job. Undo all of the black phillips head screws. Be aware that you may have one or two wellnuts pop out, they're easy enough to put back in so dont sweat it.
The two bottom holes and the two top holes on the screen itself take a well nut each, the others stay in the fairing stay. (I'm pretty sure thats the correct locations...I should be more sure about it seeing as I actually removed mine this evening for cleaning purposes...but I cannot be sure. :laugh:)
Once all screws are out gently slide the screen up, it is a tight fit as the bottom leading edge of the screen (by the air intake duct) slips over the fairing, whilst the rest of it (around the edges) slips under the fairing. Swap the wellnuts to the new screen and slide and wiggle the new screen into position. Remember, the leading edge slides over the fairing by the intake and the rest goes under.
The holes likely wont all match up perfectly. Just go one screw at a time and turn it in a few threads until you have wiggled/pushed /fenagled the screen and fairings such that all screws have started to thread in. Then tighten each one up to a snug but not overtight position, I tend to hold the wellnut underneath as I start to tighten the screw, this helps to stop them initially spinning or even popping out.

Have fun and welcome to modders anonymous. :cool2:

·
Junior Race Sponsor & mid sized cone head
4,226 Posts
My Puig came with instructions. It is pretty simple, just be careful not to drop anything:whistle: And when putting the screws back in, do it in pairs and loose, don't tighthen any of them down until you have all 8? of them back in. I think it said to start with the second from the bottom, then go to the top, then fill in the rest. Repeat the pattern a couple of time until everything is tight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts