Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I removed the plastic screws from my 2007 D675 last night and thought the windshield would just pop out but it didnt. I tried prying but didnt want to break anything. I just did a search and only found the thread below, which is very vague.

Can someone please help me out? Thanks :thumbup:

This is the how to I found and it seems like photos were removed? Actually a how to on how to remove the entire front fairing would be great. The thread is a little vague, I would be very greatful if someone who has done it before can help out. Thanks!

http://www.triumph675.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8995&highlight=remove+windshield

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so no need to remove the mirrors? i looked at em last night and there was like a rubber nipple covering what i think would be the bolts that mount the mirrors...do i just pry those nipples off?

Also...do u know how to remove the front fairing? Thanks again for the quick response.

·
Registered
712 Posts
you dont have to take the mirrors off but you can. if you do just pull those nipples off and if i remember right its an 8mm socket. for the front fairing i never had to take it off of my daytona but i did my cbr, and that one consisted of windscreen off, mirrors off, headlights unplugged, a few bolts on the underside of it, a few on the inside, and detatching the side fairings from it. i wouldnt think the daytona would be much difference but i never did it. someone else will prob have better insight on that one.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Take the mirrors off. The two side fairing screws buy the front fairing. Pullout front fairing slowly disconnect small wireharness plug for headlights. Disconnect vacuum line for air intake flap.:nod:

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Take the mirrors off. The two side fairing screws buy the front fairing. Pullout front fairing slowly disconnect small wireharness plug for headlights. Disconnect vacuum line for air intake flap.:nod:
Thanks dood, where exactly are the two front fairing bolts and how do I get to them? Thanks again for your help :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
just realized you were the last to post on there. lol
sorry bout that.

i may be able to get a pic later today, all my fairings are off except the front fairing, i can prob take some pics tonite.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
just realized you were the last to post on there. lol
sorry bout that.

i may be able to get a pic later today, all my fairings are off except the front fairing, i can prob take some pics tonite.
Yeah it sounds easy when written but there are a lot of bolts under there and without pics i might be pulling the wrong ones. I just got the bike on sunday and am really very new to it. Thanks for your help, the pics would be great.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
ok, took my front fairing and windscreen off, i took some pics for ya, but for the life of me i cant find my usb cord that hooks into my camera :laugh:.

when i find it ill upload them.

but its pretty basic.

my side fairings were already taken off earlier, so i didnt have to remove any bolts on the sides and underneath.

take the bolts off on the sides, and underneath. the bolts underneath are not bolts, they are just the push lock screws, the black ones, that hold all the black panels and stuff in.

then took all the black screws out that hold the windscreen in.

then take the mirrors off, mine was a 10mm socket. 2 bolts on each side, they are located on the backside of the fairing, or underneath, whatever you want to call it. the sindscreen should slide right out.

then disconnect the headlight wiring. the fairing should pull right off. once you get most of the screws and bolts off you should feel the fairing become a bit loose. be careful not to drop it while unplugging the headlight wiring, it will have some weight because the headlights will be attached to the fairing still.

ill have some pics when i can find the cord.

hope this helps

1 - 13 of 13 Posts