Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an '11 Daytona 675 a week or two ago, with the intention of making it into a track bike. Two days after I bought it, a BMW ran a red light, and I had to drop the bike to avoid being killed. The bike and frame is fine, but I now have a busted front and rear fairing. I've been hunting online for some used OEM fairings in the Caspian blue, but they seem to be impossible to find. For a bike that seemed to be so popular, fairings seem really difficult to find on the used market. Am I just missing something?

·
Registered
146 Posts
You're not missing anything. It's supply and demand. Way more people mess up fairings than there are people looking to sell them (basically it's only people parting out bikes and they usually only do that because it had an incident).

They're the first thing to go crunch when things go sideways.

There are some decent U.S. aftermarket sellers:

·
Registered
708 Posts
Rare colour on a relatively uncommon bike.

·
Registered
72 Posts
You're not missing anything. It's supply and demand. Way more people mess up fairings than there are people looking to sell them (basically it's only people parting out bikes and they usually only do that because it had an incident).

They're the first thing to go crunch when things go sideways.

There are some decent U.S. aftermarket sellers:

Sorry to threadjack, but I'm in the same boat. Dropped my bike coming around a blind corner to find the beautiful mountain highway suddenly changed to gravel with no signage. Trying to decide whether to buy my dream bike (2011 Daytona SE) off insurance for the salvage value, or just let it go to save myself a headache/heartache.

I actually came across this website during my search as well... here's mine:

Is an exact match for my bike. What are the chances it will actually be the same pearl white paint as my tank? Does anyone have experience with this? I'd hate to drop all that cash and then be stuck with something that doesn't get it to where I want it to be.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I will be parting out my bike soon, oem red fairings with tank. All complete and motor has 8xxx miles. Reason of selling of cuz bike owes so much in back Ca reg. fees. (5+ years lol)
Parts will be on classified thread soon :)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Is an exact match for my bike. What are the chances it will actually be the same pearl white paint as my tank?
I've bought many fairing sets and the color has never matched 100% unless it was black (even then there's varying levels of glossyness). But it can be a case of perfect being the enemy of good enough.

On this white set I'd just call them and ask. They may even be willing to send you sample. I'd be amazed if it was a perfect match though as white is a b*tch and that pearl effect is a tricoat that's hard to achieve.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've bought many fairing sets and the color has never matched 100% unless it was black (even then there's varying levels of glossyness). But it can be a case of perfect being the enemy of good enough.

On this white set I'd just call them and ask. They may even be willing to send you sample. I'd be amazed if it was a perfect match though as white is a b*tch and that pearl effect is a tricoat that's hard to achieve.
Right on, and thanks for the reply. I reached out to them last night, if I don't hear back from them soon I'll give them a call.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts