Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title pretty much says it all.

Now that the southern sportbiketracktime schedule is posted, I was curious when/what track we were going to look into.

In addition, who will be setting this one up? In the past williams155 has done most of the leg work. I am sure I could call him and see if he will get that done again, or I can try and work with Mark and Monte myself.

Just to throw a few weekends out there:

April30-May1 @ Barber

OR

June13-14 @ new Atlanta Motorsports Park

I didnt have my bike two years ago, and I had previous plans to be out of the country last year. So, I aint gonna miss this year.

sooooo..... what are your thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2,977 Posts
I'd vote for going to Atlanta Motorsports Park. It's always fun to try out new tracks and we've been to Barber.

Not sure on available dates though...

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We'll do the West Coast version out here at Buttonwillow in August!
well, I think, being from Georgia, that I won't be making that one. :laugh:

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
I was just thinking about this, the other day. For sure, I won't be doing any organizing, as I have no ability to schedule anything with my work situation.

·
Registered
121 Posts
My wife and I were already looking at the April 30 date at Barber so of course that's my vote. :whistle:

Driving from the Southern half of MS to Atlanta pulling a trailer and two bikes would make for a very expensive track-day ... but I do get the appeal of trying a new track. Speaking of which, did you notice how many dates STT has booked at the new AMP? 13. THIRTEEN!!! I know it's a new track and all, but geez. Show the other tracks some love, haha!

On a somewhat related note, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that another new track (closer to me) will open on schedule this year and have a few dates available even if all in the second half of the season ... http://www.nolamotor.com/ :nod:

·
Registered
322 Posts
My wife and I were already looking at the April 30 date at Barber so of course that's my vote. :whistle:

Driving from the Southern half of MS to Atlanta pulling a trailer and two bikes would make for a very expensive track-day ... but I do get the appeal of trying a new track. Speaking of which, did you notice how many dates STT has booked at the new AMP? 13. THIRTEEN!!! I know it's a new track and all, but geez. Show the other tracks some love, haha!
Our Southern schedule is our largest schedule covering over 50 events in 2011, we love all tracks, there is just only so much driving I can do. AMP wanted a big commitment out of us to secure dates for when it opens. Believe me, it WILL be worth the drive.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Yep, with maybe 1 out of 10 of us still on a 675 :laugh:
Pat and I'll come and bring the fleet.

:thinking: Though +2 SVs and +1 675 doesn't really help the SV:675 ratio, does it?

well, I think, being from Georgia, that I won't be making that one. :laugh:
Sissy! I made it to Barber in '09, as did a guy from the UK. Even though we were just spectators (couldn't fit our bikes into our carry-ons), it was a freakin' blast.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Pat and I'll come and bring the fleet.

:thinking: Though +2 SVs and +1 675 doesn't really help the SV:675 ratio, does it?
Well if it's not on one of my race weekends, I'll bring both bikes. That'll help.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Our Southern schedule is our largest schedule covering over 50 events in 2011, we love all tracks, there is just only so much driving I can do. AMP wanted a big commitment out of us to secure dates for when it opens. Believe me, it WILL be worth the drive.
Hey Mark! My comment about showing other tracks some love was meant kinda tongue-in-cheek, though I do hope some more Tally GP dates show up as the season gets closer. :whistle:

I've no doubt the new track will be a great facility. It certainly looks to be. And I'm sure we'll make the drive over at least once just to say we did ... won't be a regular occurrence though, haha!

At any rate, we hope to see you at the track some this season whether at Triumph675.net track-day or just on our own.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
interested pending location/date...I'll be coming from far south Florida with Bleakster possibly...

1 - 20 of 79 Posts