Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this bike is far from ideal for it but just wondering who uses their bike as a dual purpose commute/fun ride. If you do, what mods do you have? Also, how long is your commute (time and mileage wise). Any major complaints?

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
I commuted the small distance to school and back, but I also took 4 road trips of at least 1k each this past season. Gel rider seat and flipping the clip-ons are your best friends. I would suggest heated grips as well, but you're not in an area that needs it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
i've commuted to work before...about 90 miles (takes about 2 hours with traffic)...my biggest complaint is traffic :rofl:

only mod that helps is the double bubble screen i installed.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I commute on mine, about 30KM each way, I hate commuting on the D675 as it is a waste of the bikes potential :itsok: In saying that, I do try to mix it up and take the back roads which take a little more time, but allow the odd blast of speed round the corners :whistle:

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I commuted on mine for a year in 2008. Regular commutes of 35-45 mnutes and 45-55 mile round trips (either to school or work). Mine was completely stock.

At the time my gripes were uncomfortable ergos around traffic situations and overall seat height (i'm short). I also didn't like how there was no helmet lock, storage space and it required 89 gas. I would also take day rides usually 2-4 trips a month of on average around 220 miles and maybe 5 hours give or take. + many after work or school joy and semi spirited rides ranging from 50-130 miles usually taking under 2 hours.

Personally, I hated it compared to my sv650. But Not enough to not ride. I think I logged around 13k that riding season. About the only thing I liked was the brakes, motor and gearing. It was just a comfortable bike gearing and power wise to either cruise around on or hit the twisties hard....

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm looking at about 27mi one-way, most of which is fwy cruising.

Does the Daytona have any kind of storage whatsoever? I can fit a few very small items under the passenger's seat of my SV650.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I bought an FZ1 to do that job. I tried commuting (about 25 miles each way) with my 675 a couple times when i first got it. On 70 degree day it was unbearable in traffic. Luggage options were slim, the mirrors blow, sore back, etc. Love it on the track, though!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
i ride mine back and forth 51 miles each way to work, have been since the day i bought my 07, 72k on that one(had to replace the cluster at 40k due to a crack) and i have 33k on my 06. these bikes were meant to be riddin and thats exactly what i have done.

·
MacGyver / BOTM / BOTY Winner
1,253 Posts
I use the bike whenever I can, commute, to work (part time), leisurly cruise ride or aggressive ride with racing buds. Always prefer to ride over drive. I suppose if I really have to stop and try to think of a complaint, that's a pretty good sign!

Mods? Ugh, let's just say, many.

these bikes were meant to be riddin and thats exactly what i have done.
Absolutely.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Anyone complaning about having to commute on a Daytona should just take the bus :biggrinjester:

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
I commute, tour, and do weekend fun rides on mine.

Comfort Mods - Gel seat, although I kept it mainly for looks. I didn't find it to be that much more comfortable than the stock seat.

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
Budo, how many miles are you at now? If I recall right you were getting up there last time I was around here much.
Somewhere around 50000 miles right now... Haven't been touring the past few summers so my miles aren't climbing as fast as they were a few years back :p

That'll change once my sweet Isabel makes it up to Alaska next year though. Been saving up for this trip... gonna make it even if it means selling my TV, guns, computers, and everything else though :rofl:

·
Registered
572 Posts
I commute every day roughly 30 miles to my university rain or shine. I wouldn't have it any other way.

I don't have any comfort issues so no comfort mods.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts