Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just watching an episode of American Chopper, when Paul Jr. makes the Faro bike. Got me thinking if anyone has any of the white carbon fiber on their bikes. Im pretty close to 100%, that no one MAKES it for our bikes. Just curious if anyone has taken the plung and tried covering it themselves??

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
A guy has used Silver Carbon Fiber but I have never seen White. I have seen other colors though.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I think they do it almost any color really, they just dye it. My ex's dad owns a guage company and he showed me all their CF parts, and they had some crazy weaves. gold and black, white and gold, gold, blue and black, ect. ect.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey thanks. He currently has a bunch of bits that he has agreed to powdercoat for me! I just requested some pics of anything he has done in white on the 675's.

·
Registered
499 Posts
You can always just paint the CF, like WSBK, WSS, MotoGP etc does their race bodywork.

·
Registered
122 Posts
White carbon is not possible given physical properties of carbon it is colored e-glass. :rofl:

You can have clear carbon though, it's called a Diamond!
Everything else is some kind of dye or coating.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just looked up "diamond carbon fiber".... good call that is what I have been calling "white"

I wanna see some parts in diamond carbon fiber!! Reeaaddy, go! :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts