Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys!

so i just sold my gsxr 750 and picked up a beautiful Daytona 675 with only 500 miles! She is in pristine condition and very stock! I'm looking for an exhaust (slip on) to install. I had a 2 Brothers exhaust on my gsxr. it came with it. and i hated it! i would get headaches if i drove more than 20 minutes on it. sooo loud! I was hoping you could give me input on whats a great exhaust for the 675. i obviously want it to be louder than stock, but i dont want anything like a 2 bros exhaust. im looking for a quiet idle and nice level cruising sound. but when i go wide open throttle i want it to scream! I know im picky but im sure theres something out there that fits that criteria! any advice helps! thanks!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i saw that, i was just looking for opinions and reasons. youtube videos can be deceiving and 16 pages of comments is a lot to read thru. just looking for help, i will read through that but i'd still like to hear some opinions

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think i have narrowed it down to either the Arrow, Yoshi, or Akropovic. What do you think?

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
yeah i saw that, i was just looking for opinions and reasons. youtube videos can be deceiving and 16 pages of comments is a lot to read thru. just looking for help, i will read through that but i'd still like to hear some opinions
Opinions are like...well you know...You'll find that exhaust is always a hot topic and if you've been involved in motorcycling long you'll know which brands are popular. There's a reason for popularity, quality and sometimes price. Generally you get what you pay for. But consider these factors:

-Price
-Visual Appeal (Your opinion)
-Auditory Appeal (How you like the sound, does it give you wood :hubba:)

After all, it's your bike, and your money so frankly, who cares what other people think. Find the one you like that is in your price range and pull the trigger.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
very tru, thats how i narrowed it to those three. i've just never heard any of those on a 675. so i am looking for what people think who have heard them in real life. I've only seen 2 daytona's before. mine and 1 other guy who goes to UF with me. and he has a 2 bros and its redic loud. lol

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
very tru, thats how i narrowed it to those three. i've just never heard any of those on a 675. so i am looking for what people think who have heard them in real life. I've only seen 2 daytona's before. mine and 1 other guy who goes to UF with me. and he has a 2 bros and its redic loud. lol
They all are :laugh:

·
Registered
153 Posts
I can't really comment too much as mine is still stock, BUT I have ridden a D675 with an Arrow can and I NEED one! it is a little deeper and louder than stock at idle, a little louder cruising in town but when you open it up really starts making noise!

To me it is either the Arrow or Akra (they don't mess up the lines of the bike and don't go too far out the back) though I am leaning towards the Arrow as I have ridden with one and it is Triumph approved.

That is just my 2cents.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I really like the stock note and noise level more than any other i've seen or heard. That said next spring I plan on buying a zard lowboy, arrow 3-1, cw low cost lowboy or similar because I think it looks very elegant.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I think i have narrowed it down to either the Arrow, Yoshi, or Akropovic. What do you think?
Can't go wrong with the Arrow or Akro, both look and sound great IMO. I like the Jardine too, that's what I would personally get but I love my TOR too much . . . .

·
Registered
230 Posts
hey guys!
but when i go wide open throttle i want it to scream! I know im picky but im sure theres something out there that fits that criteria! any advice helps! thanks!!
The original Triumph after market exhaust...it is not too loud and has a wicked sound...I am sure people here will agree...

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
An Akrapovic at low revs:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvSaGKP9UZ8"]YouTube - 2007 Triumph Daytona 675 + Akrapovic slip-on[/nomedia]

And at, err, less low revs ^^:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mOlxMJ_zOw"]YouTube - 2007 Triumph 675 Daytona + Akrapovic Dynojet run[/nomedia]

Nothing deafening, and quite reasonable when idling. Get a good price and you won't regret it ;)

·
Registered
280 Posts
I would say the TOR if your on a budget, and if not, then the Arrow.

My moms st3r has Arrow, and with the DB killer in, its a bit louder than stock, but not annoying at all. With out the DB killer, its stupid loud! :biggrinjester:

I will be buying an Arrow pipe when my Daytona comes in.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I can't really comment too much as mine is still stock, BUT I have ridden a D675 with an Arrow can and I NEED one! it is a little deeper and louder than stock at idle, a little louder cruising in town but when you open it up really starts making noise!
Sounds like thats exactly what im looking for! I think the Arrow slip-on is the way to go for me.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Where can you buy either the TOR or the Arrow, ive only found the arrow on jack lilley for like 800 some bux after transfer rate? anyone point me in the right direction? thanks

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.