Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I'm replacing my fairings after a crash broke my OEM ones. Since I bought aftermarket fairings, I'm a bit worried about heat, and don't want to end up melting my fairings on longer rides. I've bought some heat shielding to help dissipate some of the heat off of the plastic, but I was curious if anyone had a diagram of where to place the heat shielding on the fairings for best results. Anyone have a diagram of example? My OEM fairings didn't have much in the way of heat shield on them

·
Registered
88 Posts
Long rides are fine, it's stuck in traffic that woukd be most likely to be an issue... Even then, I'd only worry about the area around the exhaust pipes, especially if you have the stock midpipe that still has the catalityc converter in it.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Long rides are fine, it's stuck in traffic that would be most likely to be an issue... Even then, I'd only worry about the area around the exhaust pipes, especially if you have the stock midpipe that still has the catalityc converter in it.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk
Good to know, thank you. I live in LA, so traffic is always a bit of a concern, and I've definitely noticed the bike runs pretty hot on long rides. The goal is to eventually track the bike (with occasional canyon days and commutes), and I plan on cutting out the catalytic converter and swap out the exhaust at some point soon. I imagine the heat points would be largely on the bottom half of the side fairings, closest to the manifold, right?

·
Registered
457 Posts
You've got it. The lower right side is most vulnerable to the heat.

x

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Which ones did you buy? How is the quality. Did they fit?
I bought some really cheap unpainted fairings on eBay, that I'll eventually use as track fairings when the time comes. They were really cheap, and not really great quality, but they were also stateside and around $200, so I had really low expectations. I rattle canned the side and tail fairings, and will probably toss a quick clearcoat on them eventually, but they look okay from a 5' away or so.

Tire Wheel Plant Fuel tank Vehicle

I also have some custom-designed fairings from MonsterFairings that I ordered a couple months ago that should be arriving any day now.

Wheel Blue Purple Alloy wheel Font

1 - 6 of 6 Posts