Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why are most of the D675's I see listed for sale, both new and used, are mostly black bikes?
New bikes listed in invetories at the dealers are mostly black ones.
Used bikes in the classifieds again are mostly black bikes.
Does Triumph really think like Henry Ford that "you can have any color as long as it black"?

·
Registered
6,602 Posts
Why are most of the D675's I see listed for sale, both new and used, are mostly black bikes?
New bikes listed in invetories at the dealers are mostly black ones.
Used bikes in the classifieds again are mostly black bikes.
Does Triumph really think like Henry Ford that "you can have any color as long as it black"?

·
Premium Member
9,300 Posts
They can't handle how fast the black ones are. :coolgleamA:

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Black is the fastest by far. When I bought mine the dealership couldn't sell the red ones to save their monthly nut, and couldn't keep the black ones on the floor for more than 20 minutes. They put the lone black one downstairs and I just happened to get there 15 minutes after they finished prepping it. Put my deposit down immediately.

·
Registered
234 Posts
+1.

Solid colour is where it's at. Although my art teacher used to argue that black is 'an absence of colour.'
O.B
:thumbup: and as far as color goes, I rather have none than a ugly one... lol... :biggrinjester:

Depends if you're talking about pigment or light. White is all the colors in the visible light spectrum, black is a mixture of the 3 primary pigments.
+ the color you actually see is the reflection of the spectrum that is not "absorbed" by the given material... black "steals" all other colors, hence black holes "eat-up" even light!!! :biggrinjester:

on the topic, if worked out for Henry... lol...
I like to take my Phantom Black and go black-out at night so the only thing people perceive is a awesome sound, right before I smoke past them... stealth color scheme... :biggrinjester:

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
It's kinda hard to go wrong with black. It's just so basic that it matches everything, and suits all moods.

Honestly when I think about it, if I could have gotten any color choice for my bike (for the same price, that is), I would've gone with Blue or Red. But then every time I look at my bike I realize it is beautiful just the way it is and I wouldn't want anything else in the world.

Tooblekain, that was awesome, haha.

I really don't care what colors they offer as long as they never start putting those gay ass graphics all the Jap bikes have.
The 2011 SE would like a word with you.

I like to take my Phantom Black and go black-out at night so the only thing people perceive is a awesome sound, right before I smoke past them... stealth color scheme... :biggrinjester:
A black bike with no lights at night? WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG?

·
Registered
8,111 Posts
It's kinda hard to go wrong with black. It's just so basic that it matches everything, and suits all moods......
^^^ Yepper, sums it up pretty good. I get to read lots of boring technical crap regarding vehicles (I work in the heavy-duty automotive suspension industry) and the most used colors by OEM's are silver/gray, white and black, in that order. Black and white bounce back and forth, but silver has been strong for some time. Go to your average lot and see the dominance of these three colors. The main reasons are that the average consumer will "settle" for one of those three (especially silver/gray) when their preferred color is not on the lot. Those colors are versatile, and the pigment to make those colors is the cheapest. Red is the most expensive color (of the basic hues). And, as Knolly said, they match anything or many moods.
In Triumphs case, the special mixes like Scorched Yellow on the D675 or Rhoulette Green on the Striple are not the cheapest color for them to spray and offer at the same cost as a basic black bike. Conversely, these special colors are "too loud" for the average person and they don't have to spray as many. For the OP at the beginning of the thread - you will see more of the basic colors because more of them were made - it's all in the numbers. :grin:

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Hm, so the absence of colour is what makes the black ones faster, makes sense !

Black also makes the diirt less visible, and allows rashes to be hidden more easily. Or so I've heard :whistle:

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
They already did, the 2009/2010SE... do not like.
It's kinda hard to go wrong with black. It's just so basic that it matches everything, and suits all moods.

Honestly when I think about it, if I could have gotten any color choice for my bike (for the same price, that is), I would've gone with Blue or Red. But then every time I look at my bike I realize it is beautiful just the way it is and I wouldn't want anything else in the world.

Tooblekain, that was awesome, haha.

The 2011 SE would like a word with you.

A black bike with no lights at night? WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG?
Yeah, I forgot about the SE, well they could have gone much more dramatic with those graphics. It could have been worse.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.