Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, i would like to say hi to fellow members. I'm looking for a new bike & i come across a 2008 Daytona 675 Special Edition at my local dealer. What is the difference between this & the standard model? Is it better in terms of performance & handling? Thanks.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Might be the new 2011 model. I just picked up a black and gold rims 2011 standard D675 myself a few months ago. Easiest way to see if it is the 2011 model just check out the instrument cluster. They updated it on the 2011 model.

Never had a triple before the Daytona. I think i'm converted for life!! :)

·
Registered
618 Posts
Might be the new 2011 model. I just picked up a black and gold rims 2011 standard D675 myself a few months ago. Easiest way to see if it is the 2011 model just check out the instrument cluster. They updated it on the 2011 model.

Hell yeh ,that's why ive got two!!

·
Premium Member
9,300 Posts
The 08 SE is basically one of the best looking 675's out there.. If you are to purchase it, remember that you become part of an exclusive club.. the AwesomeLookingPeople&Bikes Club. :whistle:

No performance enhancements, but be wary.. one of the above posts is correct that they did come out with a very similar color scheme for the new ones. :nod:

·
Registered
234 Posts

I got mine in jul/2010... one of the first 2011 model I dare to say... but I think the OP is asking specifically about the 2008 SE (which the same color scheme is on the 2011 model)...

The 08 SE is basically one of the best looking 675's out there.. If you are to purchase it, remember that you become part of an exclusive club.. the AwesomeLookingPeople&Bikes Club. :whistle:
No performance enhancements, but be wary.. one of the above posts is correct that they did come out with a very similar color scheme for the new ones. :nod:
No no, not similar... the very same, and with the standard price... :whistle: and performance up (compared to 2008)... :laugh:

·
Premium Member
9,300 Posts
I got mine in jul/2010... one of the first 2011 model I dare to say... but I think the OP is asking specifically about the 2008 SE (which the same color scheme is on the 2011 model)...

No no, not similar... the very same, and with the standard price... :whistle: and performance up (compared to 2008)... :laugh:
(the price difference is because the 08 is better.. :whistle:) And performance wise, I meant the 08 SE was no different than the other ones within that year. Obviously they changed it all for the 09's.

I love my 08 SE, that's all there is to it. :laugh:

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
There is a difference everyone on here has failed to mention on all of the 08SE models. Triumph went out of their way in the engineering department, design department, and with the suppliers. It has the "SE" sticker on it that was engineered, tested, and brought through hell. I heard they had specially trained midgets to hand deliver and apply the badges on all of the "SE" bikes. That badge has got to be worth something, right??

·
Registered
577 Posts
:1spit:

They should have called it a "SP" version ......(Special Paint) :laugh:

·
Registered
234 Posts
(the price difference is because the 08 is better.. :whistle:) And performance wise, I meant the 08 SE was no different than the other ones within that year. Obviously they changed it all for the 09's.

I love my 08 SE, that's all there is to it. :laugh:
the performance comment was a joke... :biggrinjester:
I too, do love your 08SE Stu... this was also a joke... :biggrinjester: I rather love mine 2011... :laugh: but don't feel bad, we're all bros.... :grouphug2:

·
Premium Member
9,300 Posts
So basically 2008 Daytona 675 SE is just a black Daytona 675 with gold rims? But it looks so :cool2:
Pretty much, the paint is a little different than the standard black though.

·
Registered
49 Posts
You are correct the 2008 SE is basically a 675 with Phantom Black paint scheme (small blue metallic fleck in paint) with gold wheels, gold colored decals, and black engine covers. I love mine and would only trade it for a 2011 in same color scheme.

·
Premium Member
9,300 Posts
You are correct the 2008 SE is basically a 675 with Phantom Black paint scheme (small blue metallic fleck in paint) with gold wheels, gold colored decals, and black engine covers. I love mine and would only trade it for a 2011 in same color scheme.
Ah I forgot about the black engine covers.. So much nicer than the ugly gray ones.

And +1 to the bold.

·
Premium Member
9,300 Posts
Now that is sexy. :bowdown:

·
Registered
1,801 Posts

im with john here .... lol
in 2008 when you bought a red , blue ,scorched and so on you got that awfull brown colour that the engine covers and rims were painted. so you had a bike that was phantom black - look closely in the sunlight to see the pearl with blue and green metallic effect with gold rims and blacked out engine. Decals were gold and it was a special edition (here in Oz there was only 55- and i have a plate showin mine is no.19.)

so you felt special knowing you didn't have a baby shit yellow, blood red ,undercoat grey or ocean blue bike - until in 2009 they coloured the frame blue and put pearl white on everything and got everyone hot because they had and 2010 SE in 2009 - bring in the tardis doctor.
so go ahead and buy the 2008 SE and be in an elite group , there are less and less of them now , i see a few wrecked over there and here in oz too.

hehehehehe ---- i'm going to put on my flame proof suit now...

·
Registered
311 Posts
Think the easier way would be too look at the front headlights and intake, since the 2008 was the last year of the original front end.

i like the color scheme a lot, not sure if it's worth an SE sticker though.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts