Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm selling my one bike and I'm a bit curious to be honest about what they go for. There are not many first gen daytonas forsale online for me to even go off of. And the ones that I found at at a dealer, they are asking almost 9-10k for a bike that is 15 years old...lol Seems silly to me since thats what it cost NEW. I think I paid that for my one 08' IN 08'.

This isn't a forsale thread and I am not selling it here. I have someone already lined up but I'm just asking for "what do you think a fair price is, or what would you realistically buy it for" type of deal.

I normally don't post stuff like this and I'm not changing anything on my end since we both agreed on everything.

Little info on bike:
*2006 Daytona 675 with 959 original miles. Original motor/frame..etc.
*Bike has never been down or wrecked. 100% clean title, never stolen/abused or molested..lol
*Almost 100% stock with the exeption of me doing the following:
-SAI disabled/removed,
-Exup motor disabled/removed (default in the open position),
-Air Flapper disabled/removed
*Added: smoked windscreen, and black powder coated rearsets.
*Fluids (brake, coolant, oil/filter) changed every year, all maintenance always done. Recall for both fuel pump wiring and new rectifier done. I would imagine one would want to change the tires considering the age.

It's mint in every sense of the word. Bike starts right up and zero issues with anything. No CEL's..etc.

One picture:

·
Registered
95 Posts
I buy and sell 3-4 bikes a year, usually neglected ones. And this is an odd duck since it's an old bike that's almost better than new. (How this fine machine can have only 959 miles on it is a subject for its own thread. I put that on mine the first month I had it)

My philosophy is there's really no absolute 'worth' on a used bike. It's worth what someone is willing to pay. To determine that I go and see what people are asking on Cycle Trader, Fan Forums and specialty sites as appropriate - raresportbikesforsale.com is a good one. I also follow Facebook Marketplace. Craigslist now charges for motorcycle adds so is all but dead in my area.

I also look at NADA but don't find it particularly helpful, just gives you a basic range for average bikes.

Off top of my head I'd ask $5900 for this bike. Adjusted based on what other Daytonas were currently on offer in my area and how motivated I was to get it out of my garage (sometimes I really need the space).

Like right now :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
I love finds like this...I feel like a lot of people buy sport bikes just to say they have one. I don’t blame anyone because they are sexy works of art that just happen to go real fast.

I bought my 2012 zx6r in 2015 with 1100 miles and my buddy bought a 2013 zx6r with 1300 miles the same year. They both came from guys that owned them since new but just didn’t ride them much at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Yep the milage is correct. I bought the bike and have had it for over 12 years. It was going to be my track bike next to my 08' Daytona but then life got in the way and I only got a single track day out of it.
My 08' Daytona has around 2,200 miles on it I think.

I try to maintain and keep things in good condition..lol. you could say I'm a bit ocd with things.

Damn I asked too low then according to bat!..lol

·
Registered
95 Posts
Daytona's are in high demand in my area right now. A month ago there was an 08 with 12k and a blown head gasket that sold for $3k in a matter of days. I was trying to get it for $2k :)

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Yea they are a little bit everywhere around here. ( I found two local to me in another state that were 07's with 8k and 16k miles asking $5k and $5.5k, both scorched yellow).
EDIT: Sold the bike for $6,000. I'm happy. I bought the bike in 09' for $4,500. I even had a GPR triple thunder on it. I sold that recently for $900... so in all reality I got $6,900 for a 06' Daytona. :)

Old pic of GPR.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts