Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Having ridden the daytona 675 on both tires, I much prefer the Pirellis. The Q2s for me squirm entirely too much and make the bike feel very nervous. I feel the pirellis have a much more planted feeling. So, cost aside, it'd be the Pirelli everytime for me.

edit: I'm also speaking in terms of track riding. On the street, I can't honestly say I have too much time on the Q2s.

·
Registered
154 Posts
+ 1 for the Q2's. quality tyre that has never let me down .... even when it should have :whistle:

i've just swapped to BT003 DOT for the track so i'll chime in again after a couple of sessions.

·
Registered
412 Posts
DRC's...but I'm a Pirelli guy, so I can't really compare them. I just know the DRC's are stupid good for a 'street tire'.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
I ran the 016's last year--Good tire, only got around 2k out of the rear-a week of Deals Gap area riding will do that. No slips and they warm up quick and are predictable. Plus the $199 shipped pricing now kicks ass!

·
Registered
499 Posts
I only use NTecs :)

But as far as on the street, it doesn't matter. TBH, a Sport Touring tire like the Pilot Road II or BT-023 etc is a perfect tire.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I only ride on the street at the moment and have BT023s on, they feel as good as the Dunlop Qualifier D209 sports tyres to me, better in fact when its cold/wet plus they last a lot longer. I'm no racer on the roads but not exactly a slouch either.

I'll be trying michelin pilot road 3s next.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Yep. Many people think "it is a sportbike, i NEED hypersport tires".

No. You don't.

Hell, i have gotten my knee down on my 600+lb Sprint with the saddlebags loaded...on BT-023's.

Sport Touring tires are more than anybody needs on the street. I have even seen an instructor use them at track days at Barber.

They have good grip, are excellent in the rain and last forever.

·
Banned
941 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I only listed these 2 becuase they are the ones i was considering, and what cycle gear had on sell. i ended up buying the diablo rosso corsa for...... Drum roll!!!!!!!! $162 out the door for the set! :) plus I read a lot of good reviews and seen a lot of videos with the revies on youtube. i was going to use the tires i choose for track use only and stick with the supercorsa SP's for the street.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Pilot Road 2's FTW! gonna be getting Pilot Road 3's this next go around...... Long lasting great wet and dry tire and according to the test between PR2's Power's and Power Ones they were not very far off from each other.:thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have only used the Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa since I've had the bike. There were brand new on it when I bought it two years ago and I'm on my second rear because of a nail. I love them. Although you need to take this lightly as I've never pushed the bike to it's potential and they have huge chicken strips on them. Damn Florida with no turns, not that I wouldn't be scared to take them anyway, haha. But seriously, I try to get my tires warmed up before I really start riding, but even when I first roll out I haven't had any problems and they have never slipped on me. I will be going to a good road tire next though because all this commuting is wearing a flat spot on my tires.

John

·
Registered
704 Posts
Love my Q2s on the street. I havent been to a track yet but for a normal rip through back roads, the Q2s will be more than enough. Im glad tooble posted that link too because I have some rather large (IMO) chicken strips on my rear Q2 as well, not that it really matters, but I was catching some flak from a couple of riding buddies about it. I told them we can take it to a track if they felt like they were faster than me and that shut them up.

I really do recommend the Q2 though. Perfect for the street.

·
Registered
1 Posts
tyres

Hello everyone! I am in the process of swapping my street triple 675 for a daytona 675. But the tyres on the daytona are like slicks, and with the british roads i am not fully confident that these are the right tyres. I had BT016's on my street triple and found them really good. Giving that the bike at frame and set up level are almost them same! Does anybody know if BT016's are any good on the Daytona or can somebody give another type of tyre that would siut the bike and the british roads?? Please help:thumbup::thumbup::crazy:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts