Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, a little while back I changed my stock license plate holder to a Rizoma tail tidy.

After seeing some others I want to change mine again into something a bit more clean :p

so I was wondering what tail tidy everybody else opted for =)

=) that's mine, I want something a bit higher gonna have a look around to see which ones I'm going to change it into

·
Registered
65 Posts
You Europeans have it rough I have to say. Our plates in the US are a little smaller then your scooter plates (atleast the ones in Holland). I'll take pictures but I ended up taking apart the tail completely and ziptied my plate right behind my rear shock under the subframe. I also bend over the top part of the plate to make it lay flat against the plastic subframe tray. Its not uncommon in the states to bend your plate and cut it so that the validation stick and letters/numbers are only visible. I also took the license plate light took the cover off drilled a small hole right near the battery tray and slide the light through. I wanted to make sure you could see it at night as I live in the city and cops will put you over if its night lite. The plate is visible from straight back but if you are off to the sides too much the stock exhaust gets in the way. :whistle:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
yeah we have it rough in europe but switzerland is even rougher for some stuff

SC projects for example are in the european norme but switzerland isn't part of the EU so basically I had even less choice, thus me just going for arrows

for tail tidys there is the whole dilemme with indicators according to my garage, there are some stuff we need to take into account

Right now i'm looking into Ermax

·
Registered
112 Posts
I went with the R&G tail tidy, very happy with it. Not the best pic but it's the only one I have of the bike:

·
Registered
141 Posts
I went for the Comp Werkes one, at the time it was the only one that really sat high enough, and didnt have the indicators sitting above the pipes like elephant ears (not that it mattered in the end as i got the integrated light)

Flickr is having a fit, so heres the link: Photo Dec 28, 2 00 51 PM | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Click the black bar, thinks its a video for some reason :S

Lucky in aus we have small-ish plates, not the billboards some of you guys are forced to use!

·
Registered
280 Posts
My moms has the comp works. Honestly, I wouldnt recommend it. The supplied signals dont fit with the high mount arrows, and I personally feel the R&G looks better.

She up getting an integrated so that solved the signal issue, and it looks really good now, but that was not planned for, and casued the bike to be apart all weekend waiting for the tail light. Best pic I have..

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
@ Steve: Thanks man, i'm pretty happy with how it looks now :)

Why not mod the stock one? It works with the grabrail, it's cheap and you can put the blinkers back on. You just need to have the confidence to chop it up.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.