Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Banned
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says.
It could be a dayride destination.
A Half-day there, coffee and then head back home, or a Circuit that's get's you to the twisties and back in the nicest fashion.
I like to think I know the nicest roads out of Melbourne, but I grow weary and am eager to learn of more.
My current favourite section of track is C521 thru the valley, wind'y but smooth. The Spur is as good as ever, but can get dicey depending on shit kicked up by storms, or drivers kicking up gravel.
Anyway, Thread wide open.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Time is at a premium for me, so normally i head out for short rides around Windsor / Sackville and nomally grab a feed at Wisemans Ferry or Berowra Waters. Thinking about it - Berowra is probably my favourite as it has the perfect culmination of Bikes, Cars, Boats and food all at one spot :)

If i got a bit more time and i want better quality roads i head up the Putty.

So k473y - if you got a spare 12 or more hours you should check it out :)

·
Registered
233 Posts
After several years, I still love the 'Old Road', old Pacific Hwy from the Central Coast down to Hornsby, you can knock that ride off in a few hours and be back home for lunch. Weekends have a lot of riders, sports cars and guys in blue uniforms. Popular stops are at Road Warriors (Mt. White) and Pie in the Sky (Cowan).

Another larger ride which is very cool is the 5 Ferries run which has various road quality (good and bad) along the way, plenty of good places to stop and eat/drink. Mostly rural riding. (http://www.motowhere.com/maps/route/Five-Ferries-Ride). You can knock this ride off comfortably in a day.

·
Banned
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So k473y - if you got a spare 12 or more hours you should check it out :)
Haha, r u saying im slow? i am tho so it's n/p ;)
I was gonna say for Riders out of melbourne, but doesn't matter.
I need a pretty good reason to get further than Canberra, but I will jot it down all the same.
Speaking of, awesome roads up there forests
Surprised their are not more members from the capital.

·
Registered
868 Posts
After several years, I still love the 'Old Road', old Pacific Hwy from the Central Coast down to Hornsby, you can knock that ride off in a few hours and be back home for lunch. Weekends have a lot of riders, sports cars and guys in blue uniforms. Popular stops are at Road Warriors (Mt. White) and Pie in the Sky (Cowan).

Another larger ride which is very cool is the 5 Ferries run which has various road quality (good and bad) along the way, plenty of good places to stop and eat/drink. Mostly rural riding. (http://www.motowhere.com/maps/route/Five-Ferries-Ride). You can knock this ride off comfortably in a day.
I hit the Old Road regularly. Black Striple. Love it.

S.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Old Rd, Oxley Highway and some back roads out the back of foster/taree area I've found exploring.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I say Old Rd as it's a few minutes ride from home, there's also the road out to west head which is great on sunrise before the cyclists, terrorists and rangers get out there. Was also resurfaced a while back so is smooth as silk.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I say Old Rd as it's a few minutes ride from home, there's also the road out to west head which is great on sunrise before the cyclists, terrorists and rangers get out there. Was also resurfaced a while back so is smooth as silk.
Also, M'carrs Creek road near the entrance to West Head is a lovely stretch of windy tight road.

S.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I"m at the south end of Sydney so I usually go kangaroo valley, mac pass. Can't enjoy it too much at the moment due to lack of license points.Road warriors was closed for renovation last time i went up there so I might revisit soon. Putty road is awesome too.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I hit the Old Road regularly. Black Striple. Love it.

S.
Think I have seen a black triple on a number if occassions in recent weeks, I am usually on the Old Road fairly early in the mornings 8 to 11am ish, I'm on an orange STR, will keep an eye out for you while trying not to run over the damn pushbike dudes (some -not all- of these pushbike guys/girls have absolutely no situational awareness).

·
Registered
474 Posts
I like up through Warburton to the Reefton Spur, then down to Marysville and to the Black Spur pub for lunch/snack, then through the Black Spur to Healsville, turn right and head up to Kinglake, them home through Whittlesea.

The other ride I like is (early Morning)down the Great Ocean road to Apollo Bay morning tea and coffee, then head further down to the red Jucana area (or so), then head back to Lorne from there it is then around mid day/early afternoon and the traffic sucks, so I head inland through Forrest and Deans Marsh (awesome fun) to Winchelsea and back through Geelong and home.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Think I have seen a black triple on a number if occassions in recent weeks, I am usually on the Old Road fairly early in the mornings 8 to 11am ish, I'm on an orange STR, will keep an eye out for you while trying not to run over the damn pushbike dudes (some -not all- of these pushbike guys/girls have absolutely no situational awareness).
I think i've seen an orange Striple @ Pie a couple of times lately....:nod:

Agree about the "pushies", some of them have a death wish, imo.

Name's Ray, everyone knows me....:nod:

S.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Fav road is the West coast of Tassie ,i lived there most of my life and would often ride from Burnie to Hobart the long way.. if we felt keen it was a return up the east coast ...Amazing FAST flowing blacktop, NO COPS!!

Broadford is my fave track for sure, ive been a regular there for the last 5 years, suits my riding perfectly.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Fav road is the West coast of Tassie ,i lived there most of my life and would often ride from Burnie to Hobart the long way.. if we felt keen it was a return up the east coast ...Amazing FAST flowing blacktop, NO COPS!!

Broadford is my fave track for sure, ive been a regular there for the last 5 years, suits my riding perfectly.
I love that road on the west coast, I'm also from Tassie last time I was there was 3 years ago on a 996 Ducati awesome ride, big chiropractors bill but awesome ride lol

·
Registered
618 Posts
I love that road on the west coast, I'm also from Tassie last time I was there was 3 years ago on a 996 Ducati awesome ride, big chiropractors bill but awesome ride lol
Ive seen rear tyres worn right out from a lap of the island.. im guessing the 996 would manage this very easily! where ya from?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Ive seen rear tyres worn right out from a lap of the island.. im guessing the 996 would manage this very easily! where ya from?
From Launceston originally but spent a bit of time in Devonport as well.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I think i've seen an orange Striple @ Pie a couple of times lately....:nod:

Agree about the "pushies", some of them have a death wish, imo.

Name's Ray, everyone knows me....:nod:

S.
Ah, I think I have even said hey to you a few weeks ago. The morning after I picked up my STR I went for a run to Pie and spoke to a bloke about where he got his GB sliders from. Thought that may have been you?

Either way I'm Rob, good to meet you.

Cheers

·
Registered
868 Posts
Ah, I think I have even said hey to you a few weeks ago. The morning after I picked up my STR I went for a run to Pie and spoke to a bloke about where he got his GB sliders from. Thought that may have been you?

Either way I'm Rob, good to meet you.

Cheers
Hey Rob, I remember you. See ya up at Pie or Warriors sometime, mate.

S.

·
Banned
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It's a tiny section of road, (maybe it is the scenery), but the road from Thredbo to Jindabyne, vice versa is lot of fun :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 62 Posts