Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, I know.. dumb question.. but I have an 06 675 which I use as my track bike. I don't believe this is the original engine in the bike... No specific issue but I have a small black box labled EXTREM with a dial on it (currently set to zero). The wire runs up under the tank and to tell you the truth I didn't even bother tracing it last time tank was off. I have a picture which I'll supply later however, can't post it here while at work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated..
Thanks in advance..

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
it'd be helpful if you could trace to where it lead.....from what it looks like, it seems to be a piggyback unit like a PCIII to modify the fuel maps and such. however, i've never seen that before in my life.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
That's a flux capacitor, of course :whistle:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok so you got me wondering and since I was already troubleshooting an inlet sensor trouble code i went ahead and took the tank off what I found was interesting. The sensor itself had nothing plugged into it. I was happy at first cause i figured id just plug the thing back in clear the code and be done. However when looking for the wire I realized that the plug itself was gone and the wire that would typically have the plug on the end instead had a blue wire on it that ran down to the little box in the picture above.

So at this time i have a trouble code, bike runs fine and have a blue cable that leads to a mystery box that's set to zero.. Maybe it's my turbo switch??? Jk any help would be appreciated..

·
Super Moderator
11,901 Posts
Sounds like it's suppose to a be a potentiometer connected to the intake temp sensor. This in theory would allow you to fool the bike into running richer or leaner depending on how you set it. In reality typically these things are garbage and don't do anything at all as the ECU uses other sensors as well and it's the combination of their readings that create the final fuel mixture. In the old days when we had what amounted to little more then electronic carburetion then these sorts of tricks did work.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
MacBandit your the winner (closest to the right answer)... just found out from the previous owner that it's a mod he installed that allowed him to advance the timming.. He's looking for the paperwork and will send it over later this evening. I also have the original plug for the sensor. Will need to decide what to do... I guess I can test it out at the track this weekend.. and no I won't change the dial up to 9 :) . Zero setting is stock per his texts so we'll see what he recommends/has tested already..

I'll update the thread after I test..

thanks again for everyone's feedback... as usual advice is welcome...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.