Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Daytona 675R
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where was it mounted? It looks like either the ambient temp sensor or manifold air pressure sensor.
up by the instrument cluster…I detached it at the end of last season, so I don’t remember exactly
I guess now I have to look up what a map sensor does 😃

·
Registered
416 Posts
IIRC it attaches to the inside of the left fairing between the fairing and the infill panel. I had a few moments trying to figure out where to mount it when I fitted the race bodywork.

·
Registered
2013 Daytona 675R
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had a few moments trying to figure out where to mount it when I fitted the race bodywork.
That is the situation I'm in. I don't want to mount it to the fairing cause then I'd have to disconnect it every time I take the fairing off. Where'd you end up putting it?

·
Registered
2013 Daytona 675R
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That would probably be the barometric pressure sensor. It reads the atmospheric air pressure and helps to compensate the fuel maps.
Okay, I searched for that and you're right, it looks like it's T1290975, "air pressure sensor"

·
Registered
416 Posts
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive design

I don't know whether this will help but it shows where I mounted the reg/rec. Directly below this I mounted the sensor in the fairing pointing downward. Drilled two holes, one for the probe and one for a nut/bolt to mount it.

·
Registered
2013 Daytona 675R
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't know whether this will help but it shows where I mounted the reg/rec. Directly below this I mounted the sensor in the fairing pointing downward. Drilled two holes, one for the probe and one for a nut/bolt to mount it.
Wow, that‘s a nice setup. You don’t have to unplug the rectifier to take off the fairing (unlike on the factory fairing!🤦‍♀️) I don’t think I can do it like you cause I have an aftermarket instrument bracket. I just plopped the rectifier on it’s back in the nose and bolted it down. I don’t feel wildly confident about the whole thing and I still haven’t sorted out where to put the pressure sensor
Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior

·
Registered
416 Posts
Thanks. Mostly I wanted it away from the bodywork as it gets hot. The mount is a bar end mirror mount from a CRG knockoff. One of these days I'll throw out all the bits and pieces lying around.

Reactions: SallyB

·
Registered
132 Posts
Sally I have a aftermarket steering damper on the top. So I put the rectifier where the oem damper was. Below the triple tree and it has a hole already for a bolt. Tons of airflow here to keep it cool. A lot of guys use a longer wire and put it in the tail section.
I notice my barometric sensor is just sitting on the left side of the fairings with the headlight connector. Seems to be working fine at this place.

Attachments

·
Registered
2013 Daytona 675R
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sally I have a aftermarket steering damper on the top. So I put the rectifier where the oem damper was. Below the triple tree and it has a hole already for a bolt. Tons of airflow here to keep it cool. A lot of guys use a longer wire and put it in the tail section.
I notice my barometric sensor is just sitting on the left side of the fairings with the headlight connector. Seems to be working fine at this place.
That looks like a great spot. prolly keeps it cool as a cucumber. Too bad I don’t have an aftermarket steering damper 😔 It’s probably the reason I’m slow.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
I just plopped the rectifier on it’s back in the nose and bolted it down. I don’t feel wildly confident about the whole thing and I still haven’t sorted out where to put the pressure sensor
The rectifier will be fine there. If you want you can cut out a hole beneath it for increased airflow.
As for the pressure sensor, where you have it is not a problem. Personally I'd use some electrical tape and tape it to the other wiring near by. Obviously don't put tape over the sensor itself.
Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Auto part Gas

Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bicycle handlebar

·
Registered
2013 Daytona 675R
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The rectifier will be fine there. If you want you can cut out a hole beneath it for increased airflow.
As for the pressure sensor, where you have it is not a problem. Personally I'd use some electrical tape and tape it to the other wiring near by. Obviously don't put tape over the sensor itself.
View attachment 260412
I like this elaborate aluminum housing. Did you craft that yourself?

·
Registered
2013 Daytona 675R
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I sure did. Handmade bespoke. Way back when I had too much time on my hands haha
I love it. I wouldn’t even know where to start with that. You have a sheet metal bending contraption? And how do you make those perfect cuts? All I have for cutting metal is a $14 grinder from harbor freight

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
I love it. I wouldn’t even know where to start with that. You have a sheet metal bending contraption? And how do you make those perfect cuts? All I have for cutting metal is a $14 grinder from harbor freight
It doesn't need to be pretty. I used a grinder and a hammer. The aluminium was just a piece of cut off I found lying around. I used a bench vice and hammer to make the bends but you can get creative. Wedge it in somewhere to the point where you want the bend and use some leverage(vice grips/pliers or even hammer it) until you get the desired bend. Round off the sharp edges, drill some holes and voila!

·
Registered
2013 Daytona 675R
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It doesn't need to be pretty. I used a grinder and a hammer. The aluminium was just a piece of cut off I found lying around. I used a bench vice and hammer to make the bends but you can get creative. Wedge it in somewhere to the point where you want the bend and use some leverage(vice grips/pliers or even hammer it) until you get the desired bend. Round off the sharp edges, drill some holes and voila!
I guess I’ve had the tools all along ;)

·
Registered
416 Posts
Nice work.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts