Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
I think it's less of a hate for cruisers than it is a general dislike of the people that ride them. People that ride sportbikes have a hard time getting along with the Harley (Real cruiser) riders.

That being said...Ducati should stick to sportbikes. Anything else goes completely against the grain. IMO

·
Banned
365 Posts
No thanks. Especially from Ducati.
If it's not a 848 it would be the motard for me

·
Registered
107 Posts
I think it's less of a hate for cruisers than it is a general dislike of the people that ride them.
I have to agree with that. Both my roommate and I started riding at the same time. He got a '81 yamaha virago, and I got a '84 honda nighthawk. We went riding with some people he works with who all happen to have harleys and all we heard was how terrible our bikes were because they didn't say Harley. I personally don't want a harley, so why would I ever buy one? It got to the point where I just ended up going home since I didn't want to deal with those people. I'm not saying all harley riders are like that. I've got a couple of friends i go riding with all the time that ride harleys. I don't mind people thinking their bike is the best bike. I get it. I feel the same way, but I usually will only tell someone once.

I remember going to take the test for my license and in the line of bikes I was first with my cb650 and behind me were 9 brand new harleys. not one of them were of the smaller type. And every single person on them was decked out in head to toe harley gear. It just seems like that culture just breeds the wrong type of people. I see all other riders as fellow riders. A lot of harley people i know see harleys and other bikes.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
I have to agree with that. Both my roommate and I started riding at the same time. He got a '81 yamaha virago, and I got a '84 honda nighthawk. We went riding with some people he works with who all happen to have harleys and all we heard was how terrible our bikes were because they didn't say Harley. I personally don't want a harley, so why would I ever buy one? It got to the point where I just ended up going home since I didn't want to deal with those people. I'm not saying all harley riders are like that. I've got a couple of friends i go riding with all the time that ride harleys. I don't mind people thinking their bike is the best bike. I get it. I feel the same way, but I usually will only tell someone once.

I remember going to take the test for my license and in the line of bikes I was first with my cb650 and behind me were 9 brand new harleys. not one of them were of the smaller type. And every single person on them was decked out in head to toe harley gear. It just seems like that culture just breeds the wrong type of people. I see all other riders as fellow riders. A lot of harley people i know see harleys and other bikes.
Yes...they are

You don't have to sugar coat it around here. :laugh:

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
Fuuuuuuuuuugly.

I don't mind cruisers. I highly dislike ugly bikes, whether it be a cruiser or a sportbike.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Bikes like that are just, well....anybody remember the Indiana? Didn't think so. It was a "sporty" cruiser. I think the Diavel will suffer the same fate.

·
Banned
941 Posts
Food for thought.....If you had to pick only one, would you get a Harley or a Scooter?

·
Registered
233 Posts

I don't know what it is like in the 'states but here in Oz the 'us against them' & 'Harley v Sportbikes' battle seems to be fading away. There will always be the people who think one kind of bike is the only way to go.

For my money, I don't care what you ride, as long as you ride and IMHO if you can afford it, sportsbike + cruiser = nirvana.

·
Noob Hazer
12,385 Posts
I don't know what it is like in the 'states but here in Oz the 'us against them' & 'Harley v Sportbikes' battle seems to be fading away. There will always be the people who think one kind of bike is the only way to go.

For my money, I don't care what you ride, as long as you ride and IMHO if you can afford it, sportsbike + cruiser = nirvana.
Agreed either way is a good way to see boobs.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
It almost reminds me a bit of a cafe racer. I would love to build one some day.

And Harley's....over priced under engineered chromed out tractors. Nothing more.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Cruising is not paying proper attention to riding. Doing it when there's no danger around is fine, but getting a bike actually permanently encouraging you to cruise is just plain wrong.

It has been scientifically demonstrated people love the same product more when it's labeled as more expensive, and people who have made a wrong investment always feel the need to explain it by creating a narrative justifying it.

Herd mentality is encouraging others in making the same mistakes you did, and getting encouraged by them to emulate theirs.

Harley riders combine all these factors about 90% of the time, or else, they just wouldn't have bought Harleys. :laugh:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts