Triumph 675 Forums banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts
Try Foremost Insurance, they are "Triumph friendly".
Foremost has a 5% discount if you are member of Triumph Rat (which is free to join online). Also a 15% discount if you have anti lock brakes. Additional discounts for safety course , MSF Instructor, preferred operator discoutn. They include $3500 of custom accessory coverage which is the most in in the industry and also throw in an additional $500 of med pay if you are wearing a helmet when you get into an accident.

I'm paying $230 a year with a $1000 deductible. 51, clean record, excellent credit

I pay $360 for full coverage. It is all over the board due to inputs: Mainly financial score (credit rating), Age, driving record, followed by where you live. You should shop your insurance every 2-3 years. This coming from an insurance agent who raced for 18 years.

Foremost has a 5% discount if you are member of Triumph Rat (which is free to join online). Also a 15% discount if you have anti lock brakes. Additional discounts for safety course , MSF Instructor, preferred operator discoutn. They include $3500 of custom accessory coverage which is the most in in the industry and also throw in an additional $500 of med pay if you are wearing a helmet when you get into an accident.

I'm paying $230 a year with a $1000 deductible. 51, clean record, excellent credit
I'm going to try calling and fiddle with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have medical payments and have chosen to keep it. Cover medical cost for passengers or yourself, if you do have a minor incident. Can be used for CoPays (high deductibles in this day and age of health insurance) or as primary payments. There are only two types of riders: those who have already gone down and those who are going to go down.

I really like the NASIOC (north american Subaru impreza owners club - aka the WRX group) rule that simply banned discussion of insurance since it was so variable and the information was generally worthless ...

Insurance rates depend on location, driver age, driver record, marriage or not, home owner or not, locked storage or not, loss history of insured, multiple policies, multiple bikes, and so on. What someone pays is not comparable unless you are their doppleganger in all respects.

x

$151/year full coverage with Foremost in northwest NJ

And I was paying about the same a few years ago when I still lived in NYC. Probably due to a combination of factors: kick-ass FICO score (I'm compulsive about paying my bills on time), mid-50s age, and clean driving record. To me only one of those really should affect what I pay, but I'm sure the insurance companies have data showing the correlations between these factors and the number and size of claims they see.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.