Triumph 675 Forums banner

what do you pay for insurance?

22K views 52 replies 40 participants last post by  GoDSaLo 
#1 ·
Curious, what do most of you guys in this area pay for insurance?

Im with progressive paying 900 / yr (with comprehensive but no collision)
26yr olds in NYC

trying to find something cheaper..

#2 ·
You're not going to. Nyc sucks mega dick

#5 ·
I was using rider and it was $400 a year for the daytona. Then they did their reclassifying BS. I think they were going to charge around $1000.
I got a quote with Progressive for $264, same coverage as well. I only took of medical since I have health insurance. That price also includes a 2005 SV650. I just switched over last week. I was sceptical and I still am.

100/250/500 full coverage
$500 deductible on the Daytona and $1000 deductible on the SV650.
31 years old, married, garage kept, and located in PA.
No tickets or points.

From what I have found is, Foremost and Gieco are the most expensive. I got quotes for $1200+.

#7 ·
You can't compare any of the surrounding states to nyc/ 5 boroughs.

I'd be paying a third to a quarter of what I am now if I held PA plates.

#11 ·
Is that for a new bike?

Couple tricks I learned about insurance over the years.

1.Some companies let you remove some coverage while in storage.
So for example the $900 quote from gieco actually cost me $500.

2.Shop around after you buy your new bike.The company you started with seems to keep you at the rate you started with for a new bike,but another company is gonna give you a policy that reflects the real value of your bike.
For example when you buy your bike it's insured as a $15,000 bike,or whatever you paid.
The following season the book is gonna be closer to $10k.

I paid about $500 on a quote $900+
Policy.New bike full coverage.
The next year I'm paying about $300 for full coverage on my street triple and basic coverage on a ninja 250.

I'm gonna be a little cheaper cause I'm 46 married, children, clean liscense,a cancer and like long walks on the beach.

#17 ·
I thought about removing coverage when i put my bike in for storage.... but i ended up riding thoughtout winter occasionally. lol

But thats good advice with the insurance. Just got a cheaper quote from geico, but when the bike was gonna be brand spanking new, they gave me a higher quote.
Either way they havent been cheaper than progressive this time tho. (for me at least)

#12 ·
Progressive also likes to include not at fault accidents and disregard what vehicle was involved; bike accident will effect car and vice versa.

#14 ·
I feel sorry for our Canuck friends. In WI I pay 850ish a year, full coverage. Not the state minimum coverage either. Im 26 and have a brand new '14 D675r

#15 ·
I pay around $1,200 a year for full coverage in CA for my '14 Daytona R through Progressive. $500 deductible but like someone said I'm covered even if its not my fault also Progressive covers uninsured driver accidents. I shopped around and found Geico was the most expensive. After having a clean year of riding under my belt my insurance dropped a couple hundred dollars.

#19 ·
wondering what you guys have in your coverage

was quoted $627/year from Allstate

25/50
$1000 deductible

I noticed i also have "$10,000 Medical Payments"

Not sure if thats necessary because I never had it in my previous motorcycle policies

anyone else have this?

#21 ·
28 years old. Progressive, just over $500 for full coverage.

I priced all the top 4-5 companies last summer and progressive was significantly cheaper for the exact same coverage. Have not had to, and hopefully never will, use them so can't comment on how they process stuff.

#23 ·
Damn you guys are paying a lot.

I have USAA, NJ is one of the few states they insure motorcycles in. I pay $240 a year for my 05 R1, $220 for my 06 Warrior and $0 for my Daytona(it's a track bike :grin2:).

That's full coverage for both bikes and I can put them in 'storage' and pay an 80% reduced fee.

Before I knew USAA would cover my bikes I called every company because I was tired of Rider's rates and terrible customer service. I was playing with the idea of putting my R1 to full coverage a couple years ago and they quoted me like $1,200 a year. Among all the companies I called Progressive had the best rates but no one could come anywhere near USAA.

#24 ·
$720 per yr maxed out full coverage with a $250 deductable for my '14 Daytona. 26yrs old, married, multi-car discount, loyalty discount, no 'at fault' accidents, no recent tickets. Statefarm....they have always been the best rates for me and has net seem to change much from state to state. CA was the highest by a few dollars. They handled my last accident well. Bought my 07 R6 for $5k, put 30k miles on it, crashed it and they gave me $8300 for it + $ payback for the new corsas I put on it right before.

#25 ·
I pay $1200 a year for full coverage on my Sprint and Daytona 675 in Phoenix. I think $800 of that is for the Daytona. I am 25, single, and a student, so by insurance company standards I must appear to be an imminent claim. Never mind that I haven't even got a speeding ticket on my record... sigh.

#29 ·
2013 D675R
Coverage: Full
Provider: Allstate
Cost: $752/yr

#32 ·
this sounds so fake to me; not saying you're lying.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.