Triumph 675 Forums banner

81 - 100 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Looks like those issues were addressed on the new one SMX Plus.
Toe sliders are improved and also those screws are now covered. I know quite a few people that went from the old ones to the new and none have had the problems they had with the 2011 editions.

But yours are the worst I've seen. Especially after only 2 trackdays.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My Boots!

Puma Testastretta II mid and Puma 1000v3, be careful with the sizes of both. I'm a size 10 shoe so my Testastretta came out to a 43 and the 1000v3 was a 42.

·
Noob Hazer
12,385 Posts
Puma Testastretta II mid and Puma 1000v3, be careful with the sizes of both. I'm a size 10 shoe so my Testastretta came out to a 43 and the 1000v3 was a 42.
You may have been wearing your shoes too big. I found out my feet are smaller than a 10 after I started getting into wearing barefoot shoes like Vibrams. I now base all my shoe orders off Euro sizing and 41/42 usually fit me best.

My v3s are 42s so I can fit my feet and my socks in there.

·
Registered
164 Posts
You may have been wearing your shoes too big. I found out my feet are smaller than a 10 after I started getting into wearing barefoot shoes like Vibrams. I now base all my shoe orders off Euro sizing and 41/42 usually fit me best.

My v3s are 42s so I can fit my feet and my socks in there.
I currently have Puma Flat v2s in a size 45 and they fit perfectly snug, I want to get a pair of 1000v3s, would you recommend 44 or 45?

Also how do you like the 1000v3? I have heard a little heavy? If the sole is as comfortable as the sole on my flat's I will be in love :)

P.S- If you are looking for an amazing riding shoe that is comfortable, discrete, and protective, while having the Puma style. Don't think twice about the money, amazing boot.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I couldn't tell you the difference in size with the v2 and v3, if a 45 fits you well then I guess try it again for the v3, and yes I second the opinion on spending more money on Puma boots, they have been comfortable for me so far and yet stylish, compliments from everyone.

·
Noob Hazer
12,385 Posts
I currently have Puma Flat v2s in a size 45 and they fit perfectly snug, I want to get a pair of 1000v3s, would you recommend 44 or 45?

Also how do you like the 1000v3? I have heard a little heavy? If the sole is as comfortable as the sole on my flat's I will be in love :)

P.S- If you are looking for an amazing riding shoe that is comfortable, discrete, and protective, while having the Puma style. Don't think twice about the money, amazing boot.
All the versions are basically the same, minus color changes and the toe sliders really. They are for sure heavy, but they protect. I just wish Puma would get more involved. It seems to me that they kind of just make the boot and then that is it. Only way I have been able to get replacement parts was going through a guy in Cali.
For sizing I would say whatever size fits you in the v2s should world on the 3s

I love the boot, but when the time comes for a new pair I will be going back to Sidi for the new Mag boot.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
All the versions are basically the same, minus color changes and the toe sliders really. They are for sure heavy, but they protect. I just wish Puma would get more involved. It seems to me that they kind of just make the boot and then that is it. Only way I have been able to get replacement parts was going through a guy in Cali.
For sizing I would say whatever size fits you in the v2s should world on the 3s

I love the boot, but when the time comes for a new pair I will be going back to Sidi for the new Mag boot.
I think they're trying. I got a Puma suit, which is actually made by Dainese. I know they are making a big push in the golf market as well, not sure that as anything to do with the slow progress.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Noob Hazer
12,385 Posts
I think they're trying. I got a Puma suit, which is actually made by Dainese. I know they are making a big push in the golf market as well, not sure that as anything to do with the slow progress.

They have been making those for a while now. But just go on Puma.com and tell me they are supporting their own products like they should lol or try to replace a part on your gear. I had to call more people than I should have just to find replacement toe sliders.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
They have been making those for a while now. But just go on Puma.com and tell me they are supporting their own products like they should lol or try to replace a part on your gear. I had to call more people than I should have just to find replacement toe sliders.
Yeah I hear you on replacement parts, it being a *****. I remember reading a post by you last year about how hard it was to find parts and I believe you found some guy in California, if I remember correctly. That was one of the main reasons why I stayed away from the boots even though I really like them. Luckily the only thing I'm going to need for my suit is new pucks, which can be from anywhere.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Yeah I hear you on replacement parts, it being a *****. I remember reading a post by you last year about how hard it was to find parts and I believe you found some guy in California, if I remember correctly. That was one of the main reasons why I stayed away from the boots even though I really like them. Luckily the only thing I'm going to need for my suit is news pucks, which can be from anywhere.

Yeah i have that thread bookmarked in case i ever need replacement parts for mine.

·
Noob Hazer
12,385 Posts
Yeah i have that thread bookmarked in case i ever need replacement parts for mine.

The guy in California is really cool and has shipped me all my replacement parts for free. I guess he actually knows the guy the developed the boots and even took suggestions from me for what I would like to see improved on. So hopefully something comes of that.

·
Registered
382 Posts
The guy in California is really cool and has shipped me all my replacement parts for free. I guess he actually knows the guy the developed the boots and even took suggestions from me for what I would like to see improved on. So hopefully something comes of that.
Thats pretty awesome. Ive never done track days so it's likely i may never need replacement parts unless i go down, but its good to know who to call if i do.

Also, It's weird to see how their website just completely neglects the existence of their motorcycle boots. I just tried to go find them on the website and was unable to do so.

·
Noob Hazer
12,385 Posts
Thats pretty awesome. Ive never done track days so it's likely i may never need replacement parts unless i go down, but its good to know who to call if i do.

Also, It's weird to see how their website just completely neglects the existence of their motorcycle boots. I just tried to go find them on the website and was unable to do so.

Yeah I spent a good month trying to find parts haha But I just put a bid in for some new Sidi Mag-1s so hopefully I win lol

·
Registered
382 Posts
Yeah I spent a good month trying to find parts haha But I just put a bid in for some new Sidi Mag-1s so hopefully I win lol
Ah good luck with that. I've never worn any motorcycle boots by them but i used to do a lot of triathlons (before i realized bikes were more fun with engines) and their clip ins/cycling shoes are top notch.

·
Noob Hazer
12,385 Posts
Yeah I had Sidi a while ago, great boots but I bought the Pumas because they looked sweet and I got a good price on them and really the ankle protection is some of the best I have seen, but again there just is no support for the boot which is sadly killing them for me.

81 - 100 of 122 Posts