Triumph 675 Forums banner

WERA West Round 1 race report # 240

5K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Marcismo55 
#1 · (Edited)
Keep in mind I have never written a race report so I'll accept any type of feedback or criticism on my riding :itsok:

Usually you do a trackday at a track to familiarize yourself with the general layout, turn in and breaking areas but I skipped that and dove straight into racing. During the practice session one (about 3 laps) I got down to a 1:50.XX and the second session down (4 laps) to a 1:43.XX. We were the first race of the day and I was gridded 4th If I recall correctly. There was one less racer in front of me because he lost his gas cap during the last practice session.

Managed a decent start and lost the front two guys but was able to stick with the guy in 3rd. On the 3rd lap turn 4 I managed to outbreak the guy in front and took 3rd position. Unfortunately, I noticed my clutch was started to slip so I did what I could to stay ahead not knowing there was a decent gap I was able to gain. There were quite a few mistakes (including shifting errors) I made but luckily was able to finish in 3rd place with a 1:40.18 which was awesome!

Following the race I decided to forgo my second race and call it a day. I didn't want to risk making the issue worse or screwing anything else up so I watched the remaining races of the day.

A great experience overall!

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks bud! It's not the most difficult track to learn but it sure was intimidating being on the grid with guys like Benny Solis, Javelin Broderick, Sahar Zvik, David "Aussie" Anthony, and Michael Gilbert.

I'm definitely happy with the outcome and once you view my video it will be obvious there is plenty of time for me to shave off :biggrinjester:

#5 ·
Thanks bud! It's not the most difficult track to learn but it sure was intimidating being on the grid with guys like Benny Solis, Javelin Broderick, Sahar Zvik, David "Aussie" Anthony, and Michael Gilbert.

I'm definitely happy with the outcome and once you view my video it will be obvious there is plenty of time for me to shave off :biggrinjester:
Nice lines, for sure. I was going to go out that day just to spectate, but damn if something didn't come up. I can only imagine being out there with these guys. Check out this video of Solis at ACS, it's sick!

#6 ·
Thanks man. My first practice session I looked like chicken running around with the head cut off. I'm planning to do much better when I return for the WERAB round there in August/September to hopefully clean up these lines but we'll see.

Dude Benny is fast and it looks like he's on his old CBR which was slower too. I have a lot to work on haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.