Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here goes my unfortunate story of how my D675 is half broken and tears in its eyes. One early morning at about 6 o'clock I had to be at the parents house to go visit the family. I go on for about 10 miles in freezing cold weather with all my PPE on till I finally go to exit on the freeway. I'm a pretty aggressive rider so I don't stop till the very last minute at lights and stop signs, which is bad in my case cause as I went to stop at the freeway exit light, I squeeze my front brakes completely and no response at all. I freaked out:willy_nilly: and slap my back brakes and down shift, but made the bike fishtail. I ended up getting control look both ways to make sure no cars where coming as it was a red light and gunned it across the street. I caught air and hit a bump on the other side of the freeway exit and immediately my front tire turn to the right and flung me off. Myself and the bike slid down the ramp, I ended up in the grass and my bike about 25 yards further than me. Luckily I no cars were near me and I have very few road rash injuries:rofl: due to being fully clothed in my PPE.I'm yet to figure why my brakes gave out... Thank God :notworthy:for another day that I live as it could've gone worse.

Need a New Case

Need Rear Set Pegs Tail Fin, Passenger Seat

Tank is pretty banged up, Left Side Handle Bar Controls

Finally the front is Half broken. Mirror gone

Well theres the damage, If anyone has any spare parts and is willing to sell I'd greatly appreciate if you'd let me know. I already miss my baby want her up and running as soon as possible. Thanks for reading.

·
Premium Member
9,300 Posts
Sorry to hear about the crash..

The brake malfunction sounded fishy until I realized that the bike was simply trying to remove the Mohawk from your helmet so you wouldn't look so ridiculous. :biggrinjester:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Bummer! Glad to hear you're okay though!:nod:

Check out the classified for parts. There's plenty of stuff in there. Hey, maybe this is your chance to get a different color if you're interested!:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,512 Posts

The brake malfunction sounded fishy until I realized that the bike was simply trying to remove the Mohawk from your helmet so you wouldn't look so ridiculous. :biggrinjester:
:biggrinjester:.

sucks to hear, and yes, very glad it didnt go worse than it did. everything is fixable. buy some crash protection, frame sliders etc. could have saved some of that damage.

get rid of the hawk and the spiked bolts, our bikes dont agree with that stuff
also i can get you some carbon fiber tank covers to cover that dent in the tank. its a much cheaper fix than replacing the tank. its what i did. PM me if you want a set.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:biggrinjester:.

sucks to hear, and yes, very glad it didnt go worse than it did. everything is fixable. buy some crash protection, frame sliders etc. could have saved some of that damage.

get rid of the hawk and the spiked bolts, our bikes dont agree with that stuff
also i can get you some carbon fiber tank covers to cover that dent in the tank. its a much cheaper fix than replacing the tank. its what i did. PM me if you want a set.
Yea definitely going to buy crash protection as soon as i get everything fixed.
Haha hey what can I say I like spiky things, but maybe my bike doesn't
Yea Imma have to get with you on those tank covers if it'd be alot easier and offer protection as well.
Im most likely going to paint if I have the money to, which is real doubtful as i get crappy pay.:doh:

·
Registered
678 Posts

Hahaha i was gonna make that very same joke :biggrinjester:

Glad you came out ok OP....it was definitely avoidable tho

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
ya just PM me, also look in the group buy section for the GB crash protection stuff. you can get pretty much everything to protect your bike, due to some leftover parts still available from the group buy. and PM tim, Bushmaster86 about whats still available. heres the thread http://www.triumph675.net/forum/showthread.php?t=47223&page=7

i can send pics of the carbon tank covers if you want.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Bike can be fixed. Glad you're okay. :thumbup:

I'm questioning the brake failure as well. Further than that, I'm questioning why you feel the need to brake until the very last minute... on the streets. :noclue:

Brakes aren't incredibly complicated so it shouldn't be too hard to analyze what went wrong. Are you sure your brakes were functioning properly before you started riding? If you regularly brake aggressively and hard, I hope you're checking your brake pad wear and fluids all the time.

By your description, the real problem started after you panicked.

·
Banned
941 Posts
I'm a pretty aggressive rider so I don't stop till the very last minute at lights and stop signs

Sorry to hear about your crash, but keep that shit on the track. I understand that some of us are aggressive riders (especially on sportbikes), but there really is no need for that on the streets.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I see you're in Yuma. I'm her in Tucson and it was an unusually cold morning but we never get rain so I doubt you hit any ice. That being said I'm not buying the whole front brakes didn't work thing for one second. Unless a hose completely split or fell off then even worn pads will stop you somewhat but to completely fail is kind of hard to believe. Glad you made it out ok though.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I am going to guess that the aerodynamic properties of the mohawk lifted the front wheel off the ground preventing the brakes from being effective. It's just a theory but I'm going to stick with it? :noclue:

...glad your okay :nod:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorry to hear about your crash, but keep that shit on the track. I understand that some of us are aggressive riders (especially on sportbikes), but there really is no need for that on the streets.
Yea I definitely agree, the track is where Is where the aggressive riding should be kept. I would love to hit the track and hone my skills one day but for now money is a big issue.
Bike can be fixed. Glad you're okay. :thumbup:

I'm questioning the brake failure as well. Further than that, I'm questioning why you feel the need to brake until the very last minute... on the streets.
:noclue:

Brakes aren't incredibly complicated so it shouldn't be too hard to analyze what went wrong. Are you sure your brakes were functioning properly before you started riding? If you regularly brake aggressively and hard, I hope you're checking your brake pad wear and fluids all the time.

By your description, the real problem started after you panicked.
I don't brake all the time unless I have to on the streets but there was a reason behind but the point is I didn't stop and Im yet to find out why :thinking: Havent seen my bike since the crash.

I inspected my bike before hand as usual and the only thing I notice was one or 2 those grommets that attach the caliper to the wheel where kinda loose.

I see you're in Yuma. I'm her in Tucson and it was an unusually cold morning but we never get rain so I doubt you hit any ice. That being said I'm not buying the whole front brakes didn't work thing for one second. Unless a hose completely split or fell off then even worn pads will stop you somewhat but to completely fail is kind of hard to believe. Glad you made it out ok though.
Ya im in yuma but I was in Cali and no I dont think ice wouldve even come close to a problem even though It was really cold that morning. Yea I have to inspect the bike when I get back and find the cause. Im happy to be alive and well. I learned from these experiences and im looking forward to get back on and ride the ride.

Hey hey you guys hating on my mohawk!:notamused:
Its ok lots of people like it:nod:. But I dont really care what people think so its all good. I am who I am.:sideshow:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Sucks that your bike is broken. Dodgy spontaneous brake failure aside why did you gun it through the light? Were you trying to power on to straighten the bike up?

As mentioned before, it seems that's where you came unstuck. The only other question I have is why does your spiky bondage style helmet look like it's been involved in a dirty big bukkake session? :whistle:

·
Banned
365 Posts
Always sad to see a tona like that :(
From the look of the bike, you were lucky to be able to walk it off.
Hopefully the bike will be fixed by the time the road rash/ego heals up

1 - 20 of 40 Posts