Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evidently the Hawaii DMV doesn't have D675s in their VIN data base. So, I had to get it weighed. Kind of pissed me off but, something I thought useful or interesting came out of it. I was also pleasantly surprised. My bike is and '07, completely stock and it had a FULL tank of gas. I'm almost tempted to fork over another $30 and get it weighed again after I put my TBR titanium can on. I think this is right on par with what the consensus is, but this confirms it.

IMG_20110107_104544.jpg

·
Premium Member
9,297 Posts
Sorry, but we need an actual picture of the bike on the scale in order to trust this result. :whistle:

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
That seams about right. Triumph website says the bike is 417lbs wet. I say 408lbs once you put the TBR on there?!

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
The last weigh scale I went to only went in 10 lb increments. So it was an estimation of weight. This might be the same for you but it is close to claimed wet weight so not bad.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Honolulu's DMV works in strange ways. The Daytonas are listed on their files, but only if the bike was sold from South Seas (or any licensed dealer on the island). The way it basically works is that the dealers send in the VIN for the bikes that they receive, and that gets updated into the DMV's database. You have to get all that data checked out yourself if you end up bringing a bike in from out of state. I had an especially hard time getting my Super Duke registered when I lived there, as it was bought in SoCal, and immediately shipped (without registration) to Honolulu. Talk about a pain in the ass!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Honolulu's DMV works in strange ways. The Daytonas are listed on their files, but only if the bike was sold from South Seas (or any licensed dealer on the island). The way it basically works is that the dealers send in the VIN for the bikes that they receive, and that gets updated into the DMV's database. You have to get all that data checked out yourself if you end up bringing a bike in from out of state. I had an especially hard time getting my Super Duke registered when I lived there, as it was bought in SoCal, and immediately shipped (without registration) to Honolulu. Talk about a pain in the ass!
^ This. I bought my '11 D675 from South Seas and had 0 issues

1 - 6 of 6 Posts