Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys - I have now finished everything to Tristan (SE) that I wanted to do. No more stuff for him. (Unless I mount the attack rearsets there). Mod $ from now on, if I ever have any, will go to Chase, my track bike.

Anyways - figured itd be easiest, nicer to show the mod through a video. I LOVE IT!!!!! I hope you guys do too. It's a custom mod to flush the Watsen Design turn signals to the rear heatshield. They came with my track bike and before I sold them, realized they matched the 09+ headshields!

Oh yeah...looks hott :coolgleamA:

Let me know what you think!

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5fbKn4dyG8"]YouTube - Triumph Daytona 675 SE - Winter Touches, February Riding[/nomedia]

·
Registered
236 Posts
Looks good! That color matches really well.

I still prefer mine in the plastics though :curtsey:

We sure do own some pretty bikes on this forum :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nice!! I dont think id ever have the guts to cut into my SE plastics!

def a more noticable/safer location where you have them now.

off for a ride :)

·
Registered
769 Posts
:cool2: I just ordered me some watsens for the rear. I think I'll go the route nthngwthout took. I like how bright the watsens are up front and with the marker lights integrated to turn signals it works out well. Now adding some to the rear with the integrated tail light.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds like your exhaust valve is hunting a bit. Did you adjust it yet?
Does it sound off to you? My CEL did just pop up and is on for a reason unknown (no code reader ATM)

THe EXUP CEL did pop up at the end of last season. It was seized, I freed it up, followed the forum instructions, and the CEL turned off on its own. I still brought it to the dealer where they checked and adjusted cables as necessary. I barely rode it (probably less than 150mi) since then....so it should be fine? Let me know if you really think it sounds off.

However, 2 times out of the 4-5 or so I've turned the key to on (before starting the bike)...it makes this prolonged high buzzing noise for a good 5-10seconds....never heard it before. Figured I'd just monitor and see if it continues...

·
Registered
864 Posts
Does it sound off to you? My CEL did just pop up and is on for a reason unknown (no code reader ATM)

THe EXUP CEL did pop up at the end of last season. It was seized, I freed it up, followed the forum instructions, and the CEL turned off on its own. I still brought it to the dealer where they checked and adjusted cables as necessary. I barely rode it (probably less than 150mi) since then....so it should be fine? Let me know if you really think it sounds off.

However, 2 times out of the 4-5 or so I've turned the key to on (before starting the bike)...it makes this prolonged high buzzing noise for a good 5-10seconds....never heard it before. Figured I'd just monitor and see if it continues...
I only said that because my SE had to have its exhaust valve adjusted in less then 1k miles. Mine probably tossed the same CEL code as yours. Before it did light up it would hunt several times, and over a month it got worse and worse. I did the same thing you did, except they adjusted mine along with the first service. I don't think the exhaust valve it is anything to worry about unless it throws another code.

Can you describe where the buzzing is coming from?

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Looks good.. how neat and tidy is that garage area - christ don't show that to my wife ... hehehehe

tiled floor , work bench , tools neatly on the wall above hmmm maybe i should show her -- gives me and idea ..lol

·
Registered
490 Posts
:cool2: definitely nice. Love the rear blinkers. Where abouts in central Jersey are you. I am from Holmdel 114 off parkway..

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Can you describe where the buzzing is coming from?
I have absolutely no clue. I've only heard it twice so far..... Ill let you know when I figure it out. I'm hoping the current CEL light is from my playing around near the front sprocket area and will go away with time. Expecting the UneECU cable...

·
Registered
864 Posts
I have absolutely no clue. I've only heard it twice so far..... Ill let you know when I figure it out. I'm hoping the current CEL light is from my playing around near the front sprocket area and will go away with time. Expecting the UneECU cable...
Rattles and buzzing could be something innocuous like a brake lever being loose or a loose fairing bolt. I take an hour every spring and pull off the fairings and go over all of the bolts that i can see with a set of t-handle wrenches. Might work for your buzz.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts