Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So long story short, a kid I work with lives in a warehouse with a few other (like minded, gear-head, snowbro kinda) guys. The warehouse houses his room-mate's business, a vinyl graphic, sign, and sticker shop. Check the link for what they do. (NOT what I want to do to my Triumph!!)
vehicle wrap http://inkmonstr.com/vehicle_wrap.html
cutout vinyl http://inkmonstr.com/vg_cut.html

They wrap crap whenever they get bored. The house has several motorcycles, and they practice on each other's tanks, helmets, and such.

The idea of trying a few (tasteful) stripes on my black/gold STR was presented to me, a key element being it would be super cheap/free, and done by my friend since he lives there. So we were thinking of two small (2inch wide?) color matched gold stripes starting right above the headlights on the flyscreen, going across the tank, and down to the seat cowl. Nothing squidly, nothing neon, just a tiny bit of gold. If it looks bad, we'd just peel it off.

Thoughts? Bad idea? Horrible idea? Good Idea? Seen something similar done, and have a link? Thanks.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I did that to my Monster a few years back to emulate the S2/S4, and it looked great! Done correctly (and it sounds like it will be) you'd never know it wasn't paint. And hey, if you hate it or get goofed on, (which I doubt you will), vinyl comes right off.
I say go for it; I bet you'll love it! We'll need pics, of course.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know those guys at Inkmonstr... they do some incredible work. I've done a few jobs with them. I say go for it! What's the worst that can happen? You hate it and peel it off. Or you love it and look faster. And what's better than cheap/free?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tapcon, exactly like that, but centered on the tank. Thanks for the photo.

It works on your bike, but is doing the fender overkill on a street triple?

I'm calling my coworker aboutthis tomorrow. :)

·
Surfer of the lear
2,165 Posts
Tapcon, exactly like that, but centered on the tank. Thanks for the photo.

It works on your bike, but is doing the fender overkill on a street triple?

I'm calling my coworker aboutthis tomorrow. :)
I don't think it would be overkill. You may want to go smaller on the width of the stripe though. The flyscreen is pretty small, and 2 in stripes may take up too much space. You might even want to experiment with one stripe being 2 inches and the other 1 inch. Thankfully you'll be working with vinyl, so whatever you do, it won't be permanent.

FYI, getting this right was not easy!

·
Registered
832 Posts
Go for it!!!

I toyed around with the idea of wrapping a few pieces on my bike, but I still haven't settled on a color palette or design so that project has been on pause for several months. I've worked with a local vehicle wrap company for many years and the price that they quoted me to wrap a couple pieces on my Street Triple is remarkably cheap compared to a custom paint job.

I don't think doing the fender would be overkill. This one is painted, but this is probably what you're looking to do... Check this one out...
Triumph675.Net Forums - View Single Post - My Street Triple Orange Pearl / Matte Black

·
Banned
365 Posts
Love that offset blue racing stripe.
Like a Ford GT, or an old mustang cobra :grin:
How do yo like your Power ones tapcon, or r they just for the track?

"If it feels like you've tried too hard...."

·
Surfer of the lear
2,165 Posts
Love that offset blue racing stripe.
Like a Ford GT, or an old mustang cobra :grin:
How do yo like your Power ones tapcon, or r they just for the track?

"If it feels like you've tried too hard...."
I used them for track duty only (except one street ride). They are a great tire, but they didn't last long (3 trackdays if I was lucky). I switched to Pirelli DRC's and haven't regretted it since. I may step up to the Pirelli Supercorsas, but I'll wait until I'm running advance lap times on a consistently.

·
Registered
100 Posts
tapcon that is a sweet look to the Daytona.

One of my friends owns his own sign and graphics company and has made stickers for me from time to time. I would say give it a try you can all ways just have the stripes cut and before you put the application film on just kind of tape it to your bike and see if you like it before you apply it to the bike.

I was thinking about having him cut some wheel stripes for my bike I just can't decide what would look good on my matte gray Street Triple R.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Go for it. Stickers are for winners :laugh:

My mrs does wraps on all manner of things from gulfstream jets to jcb diggers. she even just did a house for that extreme makeover show.
i got her to put the union jack on my bellypan & i think it came out tip top!!

just make sure they use top quality vinal or you'll be peeling it off in disgust after a few weeks.

vinal = winner winner chicken dinner :cool2:

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Shooebert, that DOES look awesome! Did she also do the color Union Jack "675"? If not, where did you get that? (obviously, as an American, I can't pull that look off without more than a bit of Irony.)

Have her website link? I'd like to see some other great stuff.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts