Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Why are there NO Street Triples for sale? It seems nearly impossible to find any of them used. Did they just make fewer of them?
Its only a 3 year old model...people haven't paid them off yet.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I saw one that was used when I was looking to buy mine but the guy who owned it wanted too much for it. It also had some damage to it. Besides who would want to get rid of such a great bike.

·
Registered
166 Posts
You're joking???? In Denver everyone is selling their striple all over cl, but the one daytona that posted was removed 10 minutes later! It's killing me lol Hopefully I can find a daytona within the month to get it ready for riding season.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Well, there IS that guy who's posted his firebombed street triple 4 or 5 times now. Now that I have a new bike, I hardly ever look at CL. But I've seen less than 5 ever. Maybe I'm just looking at the wrong times.

·
Registered
166 Posts
For the past couple months I've seen a few daytona's post for 5k and I guess they sell pretty quick, but now that I've got the cash I can't find one around here. So if you see one or know of one definitely let me know!

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Street Triples are better. :biggrinjester: Honestly, I think there is less turnover of the Street Triples because they are a more practical bike, not usually a dedicated track bike, etc... I suspect there were more Daytona's made than Striples. It's also a pretty typical thing for people who ride supersports to get rid of them before the 6k mark, avoiding service and just for the simple fact that they can't stand to not have the new bike out. Keep in mind that this is all speculation and in no way have I actually researched said topic. :biggrinjester:

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
I suspect some Daytona owners bought them for looks, shat their pants, and have decided to get back to their caging selves :whistle:

Streeties sell in much greater numbers around here, so I suspect the used ones don't stay long either.

I've seen insane deals for Daytonas on the forum, it's just ridiculous.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Street Triples are better. :biggrinjester: Honestly, I think there is less turnover of the Street Triples because they are a more practical bike, not usually a dedicated track bike, etc... I suspect there were more Daytona's made than Striples. It's also a pretty typical thing for people who ride supersports to get rid of them before the 6k mark, avoiding service and just for the simple fact that they can't stand to not have the new bike out. Keep in mind that this is all speculation and in no way have I actually researched said topic. :biggrinjester:
I agree with this. Loved my daytona, but unless it was being used solely as a track machine, its just to impractical. The striple has all the character and most of the pluses of the daytona but in a very livable every day package. Plus, more daytonas have been sold so more for sale.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
I agree with this. Loved my daytona, but unless it was being used solely as a track machine, its just to impractical. The striple has all the character and most of the pluses of the daytona but in a very livable every day package. Plus, more daytonas have been sold so more for sale.
It's all about the resale value baby. :str8pimp:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts