Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I'm new to the forum and hope to stay here. I tried searching, but I either failed or this is different. After three years, I sold my little ninja 250 and am ready to upgrade to a Daytona. I found a few reasonable 06-08 Daytonas in Florida (north central), but there's an 09 in Georgia sold by a stealership.

After haggling all morning, we got nowhere. The seller and dealership would not budge on their price. They are asking 6299 for it and I'm not sure if that is fair or not. Am I being greedy or are they?

Also, my friend has a 06 heavily modded SY and it's everything I thought a Daytona would be after riding it. Did they fix any of the funky electrical issues in the 09? Or should I just shop around locally for an 06-08 and shoot for ~5k to save some cash. The 09 is black, stock, and with only 5k miles :thumbsup:

Hope this is in the right section :whistle:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
That's a fair price for an 09. I paid $7k for mine from a stealership. In fact I'd call it a good price with those low miles.

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
Used Daytona prices are all over the map. As for the electrical - the only real issue was the SCR-style R/R. Triumph issued a recall on them - regardless of year bike you get Triumph will replace it with the new-style MOSFET version.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks everyone. I guess I should make the call :grin: I'll keep you all informed and if I pick it up pics will come!

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
That actually made me think about how much my 09 is still worth. NADA would call that a good deal on the low side of retail.

·
Registered
205 Posts
The bank said my 2008 with 22,000 miles is worth like $6100 and some change so I would think for a low mileage 09 it couldn't be too high a price

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
6300 for a 09 in good condition, never down is actually a pretty really good deal.

Granted, it's bone stock, but you can think of it as you being able to mod it however you'd like!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They put a penny hold on it. But I have to wait until Saturday to pick her up because it's 5 hours away and I have to actually show up to get paid at work. :tissue:

·
Registered
111 Posts
I just paid 6200 for an 09 with 7k miles on it and stock. Perfect condition and its summer when prices will be highest. This is in texas.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Yeah, definitely pulling all the protecty bits off if I decide to sell, particularly now that the 09's are commonly going for just a little above $6k. :tissue:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts