Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, new to the forum.
I'll get an intro together soon and post some pic's.
I have 2 Street Triples. A 2009 Street Triple R for road and a 2008 Street Triple for track and racing.

I am hoping someone in the US can help me out.
I am getting the Street Triple race bike resprayed and require the tank and rear fender decals. Total of 4 stickers. Here in Australia they are $80.00 each sticker.
I have checked out www.bikebandit.com and can get them for $US40.00 each.
Great....but, they want to charge me $111.00 to post 4 stickers.

What i am hoping is that someone on this forum who lives in the US will let me order and send the stickers to their US address and then the forum member forward the stickers to me here in Australia. I'll happily pay postage cost, preferably just PAYPAL to your account.

Let me know if you can help out...preferably forum members that are known as this forum as good fellas who i can trust.

Cheers from aussie
Darren:nod:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
100 bucks for shipping, lol.
Is one of their employees coming over to hand them to you personally?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I had a similar ludicrously high shipping quote. Wanted a Domo reservoir sock after seeing them on here, found a site in America that had them in stock - $5 for the sock, $49 for shipping?!?

If I paid that, I'd expect the courier to turn up at the beach after having rode across the atlantic on a jet ski, within 1 hour of placing the order :laugh:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I had a similar ludicrously high shipping quote. Wanted a Domo reservoir sock after seeing them on here, found a site in America that had them in stock - $5 for the sock, $49 for shipping?!?

If I paid that, I'd expect the courier to turn up at the beach after having rode across the atlantic on a jet ski, within 1 hour of placing the order :laugh:
Was that on amazon?

·
Registered
78 Posts
No, can't remember the store now - I laughed then closed the browser tab. I think amazon had a page for one but said it was out of stock. I was actually trying to find a UK seller so didn't pay much attention to the american sites after the robbery/delivery costs.

·
(RIP) Wiser than you I was
5,852 Posts
I sent a pair of gloves to Greggo in Australia for $21.00 US. That was with no tracking with the USPS. For tracking they wanted $55.00. I will not do business with companys that rip you off on shipping and handling.

·
Registered
78 Posts
An equally eyewatering $45 for shipping, $4 saving on the other store though... :thumbup:

·
Registered
48 Posts

http://tinyurl.com/699daoh ebay to the rescue: $14.99 + $1.99 Shipping to UK :thumbup:

·
Registered
18 Posts
+1 Definitely try JackLilley - I have used them a couple of times, prices are excellent and postage rates fair and fast to Australia. I think they are your best bet.:thumbup:

·
Registered
80 Posts
+1 for Jack Lilley.

But the other option is to use a US based mail forwarder, they provide you with a US address and then they mail you your products at 'normal' rates. You can also combine different orders into the one package.

Here's one, but others out there

http://www.shipito.com/

·
Registered
46 Posts
Try emailing them and ask them whats up with the postage pricing...

I ordered something online from British Customs and was quoted something crazy, a quick email and I had a more reasonable quote...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the feedback

Thanks everyone for the info.
All sorted. Found a UK Triumph dealer selling Triumph/Alpinestars Knee Sliders on ebay for 10 pound a set. Managed to buy the stickers through this dealer and get them posted at no charge with the sliders.
Check out ebay seller davedeathmotorcycles
Thanks again

1 - 16 of 16 Posts