Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I want to upgrade my restricted 70KW version 2015 Street Triple to a normal 79KW.
Apparently, the camshaft code for my 70KW is T1149204 (inlet camshaft) and for normal version (79KW) is T1149202.
Diferent code, but it's really a different piece or it's just a renaming of the same cam?
Anyone have some details of each camshaft? cam lift or duration?

In case of nobody have any info about the cams, should I try to reflash my 70KW with a 79KW map without touching my cams? Is it dangerous? In case of error, can I reset ECU to a default map?

Sorry for the lame question, but I'm new with the ECU / flashing topic. I just starting reading and learning about it.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Diferent code, but it's really a different piece or it's just a renaming of the same cam?
Anyone have some details of each camshaft? cam lift or duration?
Cams are not the same according to the service manual.
79KW - Duration 230.45deg, lift 8.00mm
70KW - Duration 208.60deg, lift 6.62mm

In case of nobody have any info about the cams, should I try to reflash my 70KW with a 79KW map without touching my cams? Is it dangerous? In case of error, can I reset ECU to a default map?
Without the proper cam it will just make your bike run rich without a power benefit assuming that the ignition maps are the same. I would run the proper map for the installed cam unless you know more than the Triumph engineers:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's very confusing to me but is but is the 70KW for the 660 cc?
No, it's the same bike as the Street Triple 675cc 2013-2016 but different cams. This versions is specific for the A2 licence.

Cams are not the same according to the service manual.
79KW - Duration 230.45deg, lift 8.00mm
70KW - Duration 208.60deg, lift 6.62mm

Without the proper cam it will just make your bike run rich without a power benefit assuming that the ignition maps are the same. I would run the proper map for the installed cam unless you know more than the Triumph engineers:)
Thanks a lot for the information! :grin2:
One more question, the exhaust cams are the same?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts