Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just seeing what your guys personal experience with riding with ad without an undersuit.

I want to grab one for the hot summer. Any suggestions? I am interested in the fieldsheer undersuit for only 65.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
7,853 Posts
A* long sleeve top and some Adidas athletic shorts are good enough for me. Forgot both once at a track day and went naked except for boxers. Felt great on the bike but the liner would come out every time I took my arms out between sessions.

·
Registered
6,602 Posts
any type of tights where its like under armor will do. I use long sleeve tights and full length tights so it makes getting in out and out of the suit easier.

You can go with the cheap stuff from Big 5 or Walmart and its good enough.

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
My wife is a Personal Trainer and loves the Skinz stuff but I went with a brand called Performax ... cheaper and pretty much the same from what I can tell.

I wouldn't be without them under my 1 piece suit.

I find that it's easier to move around and it's much, much easier to get in and out of the suit, particularly on hot days. Nothing worse than being hot and sweaty and having to struggle to get out of your suit!

O.B

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
I have the Fieldsheer and never wear it--I like something tighter (Compression like aka Under Armor). I bought two these in XL (they do have XXL in Long sleeve-only size they still have) for $18.95 on closeout from STG:

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=4141

and have ordered some Under Armor Heat Gear Long Pants, best price I found was here (damn I think I got the last XL size):

http://www.sportsunlimitedinc.com/under-armour-heatgear-mens-tights.html

Basically hot weather compression gear with wicking properties for under $60 shipped aint bad.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I used to wear Under Armour or cheaper knock off compression pants and top but last year I bought a Psycleskins 1 piece undersuit and I love it.
Really makes you feel like you are wearing nothing under your suit. No more bunching up of the pants and riding up of the top etc. Fits like a glove.
Either will work but I like the fit and feel of the one piece better.

I always wear some kind of undersuit whether 1 or 2 piece. Makes getting in and out of the leathers much easier.

·
Banned
365 Posts
I go indian, suit smells like balls and i get black all over me, but I will be selling it soon so it's ok

·
Registered
577 Posts
I go indian, suit smells like balls and i get black all over me,
Just a little FYI, but when you go to sell the suit I would leave that part out :jpshakehead:

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Just to remind you guys you need something like cotton or nomex between the leather and yourself, because leather will heat up most synthetics directly in contact with it up to melting point, and melted synthetic + skin = no good :p

Any serious tech inspection around here won't let you pass if you don't have at least a cotton liner :whistle:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys! I will look at the nike facotry store down tbe road since im in florida for a few days.... i wish i had my bike!!! I might grab the alpinestar one piece.... going to watch the fabrics. Thanks again

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
So i called up stg and grabbed a pycleskin suit. Thanks guys
That's what I use also. Find it pretty good, would have to be cooler than wearing skins or similar on a hot day as it's really thin. Being a one piece it doesn't bunch up or seperate at the waist either. Suit is very easy to get on or off and it's easier to move around in too.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I got some cheapo compressions "skins" off ebay from HK, they do the job perfectly.

One of the best things is when my leathers get hot and sticky I can still move in them, when I can't my leathers are too tight on my knees.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts