Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I am posting 10 minutes after the incident occurred and I have not had time to start looking into the issue as I am currently at work. I have a 2014 Triumph Street Triple R

I was on my way to work this morning and I noticed that my right turn signal was left on while I was sitting at a light. No big deal I thought I forgot to turn it off. I then crossed through the light to merge onto the highway and used my signal again to merge but it would not turn on.

I checked my horn as well as both signals while I was on the highway and neither of them worked.

I also noticed that my R&G heated grips had powered off (they were turned on level 5/5 when I started the bike about 5 minutes prior to noticing the issue) and did not turn back on. I have them wired directly into the bike, it is spliced into the bike's main harness back into the taillight.

When I got to work I put the bike into neutral with it still on to try again, signals, horn, and grips still did not work/turn on. I turned the bike back off and on again, same thing.

I even checked my high beams thinking it could be the left controls, they still work just fine with the left control switch.

*side note, I did just replaced the battery literally 7 days prior.

I am looking for where to start and possible issues to troubleshoot to figure it out. (obviously I am hoping it is a simple as a fuse but am well aware of how in depth the issue could be)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Headlight and signals are often on different fuse circuits. With horn and signals going together, perhaps due to an extra load added to the tail light (also generally part of the 'Signal' circuit), I'd say you popped the fuse.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all, I am posting 10 minutes after the incident occurred and I have not had time to start looking into the issue as I am currently at work. I have a 2014 Triumph Street Triple R

I was on my way to work this morning and I noticed that my right turn signal was left on while I was sitting at a light. No big deal I thought I forgot to turn it off. I then crossed through the light to merge onto the highway and used my signal again to merge but it would not turn on.

I checked my horn as well as both signals while I was on the highway and neither of them worked.

I also noticed that my R&G heated grips had powered off (they were turned on level 5/5 when I started the bike about 5 minutes prior to noticing the issue) and did not turn back on. I have them wired directly into the bike, it is spliced into the bike's main harness back into the taillight.

When I got to work I put the bike into neutral with it still on to try again, signals, horn, and grips still did not work/turn on. I turned the bike back off and on again, same thing.

I even checked my high beams thinking it could be the left controls, they still work just fine with the left control switch.

*side note, I did just replaced the battery literally 7 days prior.

I am looking for where to start and possible issues to troubleshoot to figure it out. (obviously I am hoping it is a simple as a fuse but am well aware of how in depth the issue could be)
Did you ever figure out the solution. I purchased a 2012 and having the same issue. I’m thinking there is a connection/wiring issue, but not 100% sure. My fuses are good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts