Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

I believe that there are many of us who need to convert a tuneboy map into a tuneECU hex file.

Is there anyone here who could do us the favor to do this??

I hate to do this, but i really cant afford to pay 300-400 Euros t make my own tune or buy a Tuneboy. If I could I would.

I really need to have 2 maps or at least 1, converted to hex.

The procedure is simple. If you have a tuneboy, a tune ECU cable (5$) and the TuneECU program (free) you can do it. I can tell you how if you dont know.

Many of us would really appreciate it. I know at least 2 ppl apart from me! :D

regards,
Thomas
:notworthy:

·
Registered
653 Posts
Which files do you need converted?

This is actually strongly frowned upon by the tuneECU creators from what I'm told. They had some legal pressure placed on them by tuneBoy and that's why they don't use the .dat files any more. Which kind of sucks, except those that have the older tuneECU program that allows you to use both the .hex and .dat files, hint hint.

Not condoning this at all, but I may know someone who can do this for you. Hint hint.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Two files that are made for deleted cat and exup, with aftermarket slip on..

This is actually strongly frowned upon by the tuneECU creators from what I'm told. They had some legal pressure placed on them by tuneBoy and that's why they don't use the .dat files any more. Which kind of sucks, except those that have the older tuneECU program that allows you to use both the .hex and .dat files, hint hint.

Didn't know that had legal trouble!

Not condoning this at all, but I may know someone who can do this for you. Hint hint.
:sos: :)

·
Grand Poobah!
3,030 Posts
i find humor in any company legally threatening over such things. it was funny because I opened the .dat files just fine in my hex editor which said it was an ISO/IEC 8859-1:1987 file. ISO for those who dont know stands for Intl Organization for "Standards" and IEC stands for Intl Electrotechnical Commission. So what this means is they used the 8859-1 stand format for writing "their" data and its in "standard" format.

These files are used everyday by almost every computer on the planet and can only be defended on the basis that the content in the dat file is proprietary. Example; you get dat files from tuneboy to load on your ecu, they could defend the use of those specific files from being converted because they created by tuneboy. But they could not stop you from downloading the ecu map from the bike you bought, modifying it create a custom tune on your own even if your using their tuneboy software and then later converting that to ".hex" file.

This would be like microsoft claiming they own a .doc file you created using their software. Simply said make your own custom tune, convert to .hex and that can be defended in any court in the world. Just dont use tuneboy's existing .dat maps to make your and your ok.

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Well, was in the process of trying to do this conversion but my laptop has a serious problem. Attacked real bad and now it's pretty infected. Getting it cleaned on Monday down to bare bones and then just going to download the needed tuning software to load some stuff up to the bike. Will report back when fixed!

·
Registered
249 Posts

By any chance do you know what the earlier version of tuneecu was the earliest I have is 1.6

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.