Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 366 Posts

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
yeah i posted this in a thread a couple hrs ago, guy on my local forum said it worked great for him.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Wow. Have to check that out!

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, honestly I was contemplating the TuneBoy, but what really irked me was the outrageous per-unit price for the device. I can see charging a hundred, or maybe even two, but to charge that much for the privilege just to have the cable, then to charge that much and more per bike is outrageous.

More over, I have looked at both interfaces and the TuneECU program actually seems better with fuel mapping. The color coded tables really help get a feel for what the fuel map is like without staring at numbers for hours at a time.

·
Registered
430 Posts
From here---http://t595n.gmxhome.de/TuneECU/install1.html

Unlocking
A key file is required to unlock connectivity to the ECU (request by email).
So if you have already unlocked your ecu with TB it should work?

Mate has a OBD 2 Cable fom his old golf r23, must try this new software out :cool:

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
I couldn't tell from the manual, but I am assuming that you can turn off the exup & intake flapper same as Tuneboy, right?

Going to order up the cable now and then I just have to find a copy of XP to partition onto my Mac...:whistle:

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
:party: :party: :bouncy: :bouncy2: :clapclap: :clapclap: :headbang: :headbang: :hurray: :hurray: :hooray: :hooray: :trophy: :trophy: :trampoline: :trampoline: :threecheers: :threecheers: :eek:oh: :eek:oh:

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Just had a small seizure from DN's gross overuse of the smilies...:willy_nilly:

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I really hope it disables the exup, b/c I am getting tired of looking at that CEL with the exup out of the system. Of course I do want to try out some tunes as well.

·
Registered
7,849 Posts
I dunno, unless we're sure it can disable the EXUP, SAI valve etc, AND it can interpret Power Commander tunes, I think a TB is worth it.

·
Registered
430 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Well certainly does sound nice. Wonder if its free as "beta" testers.. then when it begins to be legit.. you find you have to pay.

Perfect for those comfortable with doing this type of stuff. For me.. i wouldnt trust a freeware to muck around my 09 Daytona.

Competition is good for the customers though. I hope this turns out to be real good alternative.

1 - 20 of 366 Posts