Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after getting a really sweet OBDII scanner (Bluetooth), I have since downloaded the tuneECU and I'm having a difficulty figuring out which map I should use for my Bike.

I have downloaded the maps for my VIN range, but there are 8 different maps and I can't seems to figure out which map corresponds to my bike.

Also with this tuneECU, looks like you can import PCIII Tables, so do what do I do with my PCIII? Do I still install tables on the PCIII?

·
Registered
382 Posts
You can download your PC III tables to your computer and then import them into a TuneECU tune, this will enter them into the fuel trim tables. At that point you can commit the fuel table and it will apply the offsets to the fuel tables , save it and download the tune into your ECU via TuneECU. it really is not as complicated as it sounds , just be sure to save your current map first .

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ahh yes, did that, the thing I'm concerned about is that there are several "maps" for my vin via the tuneecu program. I have found an appropriate "table" for my PCIII, and loaded it up to the tuneecu. another concern i have is if I do load the PCIII "table" through the tuneecu how does that table get on the PCIII. It seems that I would have to connect my PCIII to my computer and load it again to the PCIII inorder for the "table" to be effective. Or have I nuked the crap out of this?

*addition edit*

I'm also concerned if I totally F this up that I could do unrepairable damage to the bike.

·
Super Moderator
11,897 Posts
This eliminates the need for the power commander. Your loading the fuel table you had in the pc directly into the ecu. At that point there is no need for the of so you should disconnect it and sell it hopefully some poor ignorant soul out there hasn't heard that you don't need a pc on Triumphs and will buy it from you.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I am guessing that the tune that you originally had in the ECU was the stock map and that the tables you had set in the the PCIII were tweeked for your bike ?? If that is the case I would not use any custom maps for your ECU , I would just import and commit the PCIII trim to the ECU via TuneECU and then completely remove the PCIII as it is no longer needed what so ever !! That is because the information that the PCIII was providing to the ECU is now part of the ECU !!!
If you want to use one of the custom maps from the TuneECU web site then I would remove the PCIII , and just use the custom map. You are not going to get a optimized tune, that is only possible on a dyno !!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
awesome, thanks for the information. The reason behind the PCIII was at the time I had more money than information. Someone (not naming names but Casey's Cycle City in VAB) said it would be a good buy (feeling like a sucker now).

P.S. Bought a really cool OBDII scanner on e-bay...it's bluetooth! only paid about $40 bucks for it, after everything was said and done.

·
Registered
382 Posts
awesome, thanks for the information. The reason behind the PCIII was at the time I had more money than information. Someone (not naming names but Casey's Cycle City in VAB) said it would be a good buy (feeling like a sucker now).

P.S. Bought a really cool OBDII scanner on e-bay...it's bluetooth! only paid about $40 bucks for it, after everything was said and done.
Don't feel bad about it, around here the Dyno operators will only use a PC III to Dyno tune your bike, so I keep a PC III laying around just for that , so far it has been on 3 different Daytona's afterward we just download the trims from the PC III and load them directly into the ECU !!!

Post the link for the OBDII scanner if you could !

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Anyone here willing/able to convert Tuneboy tunes into TunECU tunes? Got some great tunes that I would like to apply to my ECU but don't have a Tuneboy cable. I've been told it's as easy as:

1) Load tune via Tuneboy
2) Read ECU via TunECU
3) Save TunECU map
4) Now able to load converted tune via TunECU

Anyone here have other steps to get this done?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi guys!

Can someone please do a step-by-step instruction for me how to reset TPS on my 2007 D675 in TuneECU.
My question is mainly, should I click "OK" on all the prompts i get after choosing "Reset TPS" from the ECU menu or should I not, before i fire up the bike. I have searched and I cant get it straight.

The problem I'm having is; after i fire up the bike TuneECU seems to loose connection with the ECU. Bottom right corner light (in the program) flashes red and after a while I get a windows saying something like "connection lost". If I dont fire the bike up I never loose connection and can download/upload maps and do all the other stuff.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Anyone here willing/able to convert Tuneboy tunes into TunECU tunes? Got some great tunes that I would like to apply to my ECU but don't have a Tuneboy cable. I've been told it's as easy as:

1) Load tune via Tuneboy
2) Read ECU via TunECU
3) Save TunECU map
4) Now able to load converted tune via TunECU

Anyone here have other steps to get this done?
All it takes is access to a bike of the same vin range, TuneBoy, TuneECU, a TuneBoy cable, and time.

The only other way to convert maps is to do so cell by cell, table by table. You better have a LOT of time on your hands. ;)

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Aaaah! Not what I want to hear but oh well. My search goes on!

·
Registered
277 Posts
so i got a competition werkes low pipe for my 675, and i want to get a map off tuneecu. my question is, if i get the high octane map, and i end up somewhere on a ride that only has regular fuel, no premium, what kind of bad is that going to cause. can i limp it home without hurting it. thanks.

·
Registered
277 Posts
thanks, but it doesn't matter anyways, i was looking in the wrong vin section, no high and low octane maps in my range.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts