Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I put on a Akrapovic slip on and a K&N, then I took my bike to my dealer and told them to load a tune for it. it ran fine no problems. I then read a little while ago that tune ECU could disable the intake flapper i wanted to do that and also wanted to check that they put the right tune on. so I found a ebay USB cable for 8$ and I figured why not. (I would normally not do this kind of thing because i really don't want to mess up my bikes ECU.) so today I hooked the cable up to the bike and what do i find? WRONG TUNE! the dealer loaded tune 20312 a tune for a full arrow system and low octane fuel. (side note question-this tune still had the exup and the flapper enabled. why?) so i loaded tune 20281 high octane fuel and just a slip on, with the intake flapper disabled, i cant wait to try it now.

Tune ECU was sooo easy to use. If you install a slip on i highly recommend you go the tune ECU route and do it yourself. Im going to donate now because i am so happy with Tune ECU.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Mind posting the eBay link? I'll pick one up myself as I'd like to check if the Right tune is on there

·
Super Moderator
11,901 Posts
Please don't bump your own posts this is not an unacceptable forum behavior. There aren't that many people on this forum and it will sometimes take people a while to see your post depending on your time zone.

You don't have to remap when turning off features this is taken care of by the ECU.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I did mine a few days ago and was amazed at how easy this is to do! the dealers around my house told me at least $60 to do it, I bought a cable to $15 and did my self, plus it always feels good to do something like this yourself.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I removed the exup motor and such and disbaled in tuneecu, but do I need to adjust flapper too?

·
Registered
851 Posts
Just out of curiosity, did you notice an increase in power after you got back from the dealer with the dealer-installed tune and new pipe?

If you hadn't known any better, would you have been happy with it?

What about after you loaded the new tune? Did you notice more power after that?

The guys at the dealerships are generally dumbasses. (General comment: I'm sure there are some smart, experienced people that work at triumph dealerships, especially the ones that are members of this forum) But I have yet to have a good experience at a Triumph dealership.

I would see if you can find an experienced motorcycle tuner in your area and get it dyno tuned. Sure, you can tune it and mess with TuneECU and use the "Seat of your pants" dyno. But to really know what the bike is making, you should get it dyno tuned.

That way, you can get it optimized to run on high octane fuel, not to mention the pipe you just got.

From the factory, Triumph recommends at least Mid Grade, (89 octane in the US).

But I wonder if there's a couple extra HP that can be extracted by running 93 octane with a tune designed specifically for it.

Homer

·
Registered
10 Posts
But I wonder if there's a couple extra HP that can be extracted by running 93 octane with a tune designed specifically for it.

Homer
Without a doubt there is more power if you commit to higher octane fuel. There are a number of threads already on this topic.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just out of curiosity, did you notice an increase in power after you got back from the dealer with the dealer-installed tune and new pipe?

No it lost power!

If you hadn't known any better, would you have been happy with it?

No, I thjought the clutches were slipping. I really did. My 06 675 would clutch up any time, this thing could barely do it in 2nd.

What about after you loaded the new tune? Did you notice more power after that?

I noticed right away. 6th gear roll on was soo much better. clutched up in 3rd easy.

The guys at the dealerships are generally dumbasses. (General comment: I'm sure there are some smart, experienced people that work at triumph dealerships, especially the ones that are members of this forum) But I have yet to have a good experience at a Triumph dealership.

Well my dealer is originally a HD dealer!!! they just expanded to Triumph in 09. That explains why they have no idea what they are doing...lol. j/k They are not that bad. I think they are very knowledgeable and helpful, they just have to get used to a new brand. They sent 4 techs to the "Triumph school". I just think he didn't understand the tune names. The guy that did it owns a ZX12 and is familiar with sport bikes. The dealer i got my 06 from is a small race shop...They were great but too far away. when i had the TOR put on my 06 they did it for free.

I would see if you can find an experienced motorcycle tuner in your area and get it dyno tuned. Sure, you can tune it and mess with TuneECU and use the "Seat of your pants" dyno. But to really know what the bike is making, you should get it dyno tuned.

I know of a good tuner but i would have to "borrow" a power commander and get the tune made then import it to TuneECU. but honestly with the right map (20281) i am very happy. little to no popping on decel feels great.

That way, you can get it optimized to run on high octane fuel, not to mention the pipe you just got.

From the factory, Triumph recommends at least Mid Grade, (89 octane in the US).

I'm sure there is but I really dont need it. If akra finally brings their headers out and i get them i would get it tuned but as of now it is good enough for me.

Homer
tbone675

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hello everyone, I think this topic is very useful for the people who want to put an aftermarket slipon for the daytona 675. I have 09 Daytona 675, I am gonna install the Two Brothers M2 slipon for my bike tomorrow. Therefore, could anybody tell me what map is suitable for my bike and where can I download/get that map?
Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
Hello everyone, I think this topic is very useful for the people who want to put an aftermarket slipon for the daytona 675. I have 09 Daytona 675, I am gonna install the Two Brothers M2 slipon for my bike tomorrow. Therefore, could anybody tell me what map is suitable for my bike and where can I download/get that map?
Thank you in advance.
Have you tried doing some reading? It depends which fuel and other mods you have. The maps are all found on the TuneECU website. http://www.tomhamburg.net/Tune_List.html

1 - 20 of 146 Posts