Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 272 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK. I'm going to give this a try since they used to have a map with user locations. I have a Google Map called Triumph 675 owners.

1. Click Link http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...d=115671697025422401562.00048a354bf373be8421e

2. Click Edit - You have to have a gmail account. If not, go ahead and PM or just reply to this post me with zip code or city and I will update it. Make sure to add a description Ex. I put Nitemask - 2009 D675.

OPTION 1:
1. Zoom out, find your location, and zoom in to where you want.

2. Right click on the map, click add a placemark, and then put whatever you want to in the title, then OK. You can also delete or cancel the addition of your location at this point if you made a mistake.

3. Click Save, then Done in top Left panel when done.

OPTION 2:
1. In the top Google Maps Search Bar, put your address, zip code, city, country, whatever you want people to know where you live.

2. On the left panel, under the location, click Save to, pick Triumph 675 Owners.

3.. Click My Maps, Triumph 675 Owners, Click your new location, and put whatever you want to in the title, then OK. You can also delete or cancel the addition of your location at this point if you made a mistake. Click Save, then Done in top Left panel when done.

To view all riders, try this link https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=...710361497361.00048a354bf373be8421e&output=kml

Hope this works, if it doesn't, let me know. This is a test, so hopefully it works. Any hints or tips would be appreciated. This works in other countries as I tested it for Bali.As a side note, you can also use this to get directions to other riders, as well as use satellite view, or google earth.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
i added my location, but it won't let me perform step 5 where you edit the title, etc. Tried redoing it all but now my address is just there twice and I can't delete it.

EDIT- nevermind, I got it to work w/ Safari. It was being glitchy w/ Firefox for some reason. Cool idea :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Added, had some issues and ended up just zooming in and adding a placemark. Could be Chrome though. IDK :noclue:

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
we did something like this back in 06.... i dont remember what the site i used was tho... haha

·
Super Moderator
11,900 Posts
I've seen this exact same idea on this forum about 2 years ago. It's got to be around here somewhere still.

Yup as stated above it was part of frappr and it's actually the SECOND sticky post at the top of this forum.

Add yourself to the map! - Triumph675.Net Forums

I'm sure it's still working it's just that Frappr is down at the moment for some reason. Also Frappr uses the same Google Maps that you did.

·
Chiperator
5,539 Posts
I've seen this exact same idea on this forum about 2 years ago. It's got to be around here somewhere still.

Yup as stated above it was part of frappr and it's actually the SECOND sticky post at the top of this forum.

Add yourself to the map! - Triumph675.Net Forums

I'm sure it's still working it's just that Frappr is down at the moment for some reason. Also Frappr uses the same Google Maps that you did.
If the Frappr page comes back then it makes sense to use that in the interests of keeping things tidy around here, otherwise this one should work pretty nicely.

·
Banned
941 Posts
Is it just me or is this a fantastic way for a motorcycle thief to know EXACTLY where your bikes are located/stored? Forgive me for being overly-paranoid, but I've had two motorcycles stolen (one was heavily chained and locked up at home).

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Is it just me or is this a fantastic way for a motorcycle thief to know EXACTLY where your bikes are located/stored? Forgive me for being overly-paranoid, but I've had two motorcycles stolen (one was heavily chained and locked up at home).
That thought occured to me, so I removed the exact address from my point. And I think the map is unlisted, so you need the link to find it (won't appear in searches). Need the OP to confirm that though.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It is unlisted and you have to have the link.

I just put a city or zip code so no one knows the exact location.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Im really hoping this picks up because it would be nice to find someone in this area who actually knows something about Daytona's

I went to a local "speed shop" and they were trying to conconvince me they knew about daytona's but I knew more than the owner and I don't know shit about them so that left me a little worried because I wanted to the bike to get a good check up before fall and the real riding season begin.

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
That's why I just have the town listed for me. :whistle:

·
Registered
862 Posts
60462 Graphite 2007 D675 (Posnikb)

1 - 20 of 272 Posts