Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi All,

New to this forum but not to racing. I generally don't post but after reading the wild comments on here ...... some corrections.

"That is not good news at all, Davis was the only really quick guy on the Triumph's and great to watch." - Scassa was quick in testing.

"Note, the Suriano Racing team doesn't get cool new 675R's that "Triumph was looking forward to fielding with BE1"; oh no, they get BE1's used bikes from last year..." - doubt that, If I were Triumph I would give them the Davies/Scassa kit. They're a company, not stupid....

"Great...so now we won't even see a Triumph unless one has a spectacular crash with a Honda, Yamaha, or Kawaski...if they crash on there own it won't be worth showing." Have a look at the grid, Triumph should do top ten.

ParkinGo get full factory support including all of Crutchlow's data, and bikes are all refreshed. But let's remember that 2002 WSS champion, Foret, only finished 5th in 2009.

Although the Suriano team will only get to test the WSS bikes in Phillip Island Quarmby tested the stock Daytona and was quicker than on his championship winning stock Yamaha. Seems Triumph is better suited to taller riders.

And shame on Yamaha - they could have drafted Yamaha riders who have supported and given them success. Both Tamburini and Quarmby won their respective countries Supersport titles on R6's last year. They also had access to a top Yamaha BSB team of engineers. Yes, I know they wouldn't win the championship this year but invest in the future !!!! These kids are both only 19.

If we don't support and develop the new blood then we may as well start converting the paddocks, trucks, etc to accommodate easy access for the aged.

·
Mod & "Resident Baller"...
7,797 Posts
Hi All,

New to this forum but not to racing. I generally don't post but after reading the wild comments on here ...... some corrections.

And shame on Yamaha - they could have drafted Yamaha riders who have supported and given them success. Both Tamburini and Quarmby won their respective countries Supersport titles on R6's last year. They also had access to a top Yamaha BSB team of engineers. Yes, I know they wouldn't win the championship this year but invest in the future !!!! These kids are both only 19.

If we don't support and develop the new blood then we may as well start converting the paddocks, trucks, etc to accommodate easy access for the aged.
Ummmm.... Some pretty wild comments there yourself, cowboy..

Chaz is only 23, and Luca is 27. They are hardly old guys. And The ParkinGo team switched to Yamaha only after ParkinGo couldn't get come to a deal with Triumph. And Yamaha isn't around to "develop" promising young riders. They are there to win. Chaz and Luca can do that.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Ummmm.... Some pretty wild comments there yourself, cowboy..

Chaz is only 23, and Luca is 27. They are hardly old guys. And The ParkinGo team switched to Yamaha only after ParkinGo couldn't get come to a deal with Triumph. And Yamaha isn't around to "develop" promising young riders. They are there to win. Chaz and Luca can do that.
well said Al!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.