Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm awaiting pick up of my bike and am looking into jackets. I live in OZ where the temps can get pretty hot a jacket with a removable liner would be good although not essential as I don't plan on riding the bike in really cold conditions.

I have found a good deal on a Triumph leather jacket but my question is what is everyone opinion on Triumph branded clothing? Is it another well known manufacturer re-branded or their own stuff?

Are they value for money or should I just go get something else? I have done a search but didn't find to much. I see in the 'What Jacket Do You Got?' thread that lots of people have Alpinestars and very few have anything Triumph.

Triumph Lennox Jacket:

·
Registered
752 Posts
That's a really badass looking Jacket, wouldn't mind having that one myself! Altough, it appears to have absolutely no venting. So it's going to be hot as shit. Depends on what you want man. Form or functionality?

·
Registered
2008 Triumph Daytona 675
929 Posts
I've had a Triumph textile jacket for two years and it's holding up very well.

Don't quote me but I think they are made by Alpinestars. I don't recognize the jacket you show as being available in Canada.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Corey I agree about the venting and is my main concern, however, this one is so cheap it's almost silly not to.

It retails for $650AUD in Australia, however, I have found it for $195AUD delivered to my folks house in the UK (from a UK shop selling at 50% off their normal price) and get them to bring it out in March when they visit, or just ship it on the cheap.

At that price I can buy a textile jacket as well for the really hot days :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't recognize the jacket you show as being available in Canada.
They are readily available in the States so maybe you could ship? Either that or I can PM you the UK based shop selling them cheap and you get shipped from there, they do ship internationally and it would still work out cheaper than buying from the States :whistle:

·
Registered
473 Posts
I ve been rocking an arrow jacket for a few years now. Other than the zipper handle breaking on the main zipper a couple of times, which the dealer replaced immediately for me off another jacket, I have zero complaints about the jacket. It is excellent quality, has ample venting, and it looks good. I got the pants with the jacket and those are a little too vented for my liking but very comfy. I am thinking about getting a new jacket for this season and I will look at what Triumph has again for sure.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
I can't say much for the apparel as I haven't owned any, but their luggage is pretty well made and has held up for me. :thumbup:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can't say much for the apparel as I haven't owned any, but their luggage is pretty well made and has held up for me. :thumbup:
Good to know, I may invest in a seat bag too at some point and the Triumph one looks as good as any....

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Good to know, I may invest in a seat bag too at some point and the Triumph one looks as good as any....
Yup, their bags are well made, and well thought out. I can only assume they've done some comparable thinking on their apparel.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I really like my Triumph Hawk 2 Jacket.. Though, I am concerned about whether or not it will zip to A* track pants. I should know soon though..(when the pants arrive)..
I like that jacket too, but it's expensive! Looking for something more budget initially as I need to buy boots, gloves, a new helmet (I do have one) and of course some parts for the bike!

Thanks for the help guys :nod:

·
Registered
2008 Triumph Daytona 675
929 Posts
They are readily available in the States so maybe you could ship? Either that or I can PM you the UK based shop selling them cheap and you get shipped from there, they do ship internationally and it would still work out cheaper than buying from the States :whistle:
I'll take a peek next time I'm in the US. The Canadian dollar is very high to the US dollar these days so it might make for a great bargain.

Have you looked for any vented leather jackets? I've seen a few ones that would work for a number of seasons. My textile jacket has vents and a removable liner. I can pretty much wear it year round (OK, except when the snow and ice is on the road).

·
Super Moderator
2,115 Posts
I really like my Triumph Hawk 2 Jacket.. Though, I am concerned about whether or not it will zip to A* track pants. I should know soon though..(when the pants arrive)..
I can tell you that the AS-2 jacket (A* RC-1 jacket) WILL NOT zip to A* Apex pants.

·
Registered
618 Posts
The sport range is a MASSIVE ripoff!! , The jacket shown in this thread is very cool ,i like the Retro style stuff sooo much more than Triumph Branded over priced A*'s Track gear. Def buy on line , loving the strong Aussie dollar!!

·
Super Moderator
2,115 Posts
I only paid $390 for my Triumph AS-2, which is EXACTLY the same as A* RC-1 jacket, which costs $499 retail.

BCMoore...what I am going to do with my Apex pants...instead of sewing the zipper strip into the big bulky pants, I am going to unzip both strips on each garment and sew just those together. Yes you might have 2 zippers, but it's easy to do.

If I were going to buy retro, I would get the Steve McQueen jacket.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I only paid $390 for my Triumph AS-2, which is EXACTLY the same as A* RC-1 jacket, which costs $499 retail.

BCMoore...what I am going to do with my Apex pants...instead of sewing the zipper strip into the big bulky pants, I am going to unzip both strips on each garment and sew just those together. Yes you might have 2 zippers, but it's easy to do.

If I were going to buy retro, I would get the Steve McQueen jacket.
Man , you live the good ole USA! Here in the land of Kangaroos and wombats ,we get a ripe rooting in the bum when it comes to Bike gear.. With our Dollar at 99cents USD , we love you USA:bowdown:

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Well that is a bummer... I guess I'll find out when the pants arrive... I'll have 2 options... return them or get the other half that is attached to my jacket sewn to the pants...

we'll see..
That isn't a big deal, find yourself a horse tackle shop and get zippers that match installed. It shouldn't be more than 40 bucks.

I have ALL SORTS of mismatched crap and I can zip it all together becauase I refuse to play that game with the zippers.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts